Forum

Author   Comment  
StefanieDG

Reply with quote  #1 
Found out today my black lab who is 8 has bone cancer. We have 4 other small dogs, so he is our only big guy. I’m losing my mind. I just can’t handle this. He loves to play ball and go on car rides, this isn’t fair. I suffer from anxiety so handling something like this isn’t in my wheel house.
I don’t want him to pass and I don’t feel qualified to know when his time is up. I don’t want him to suffer at all but I don’t want to let him go too soon. Life is hard.

Attached Images
jpeg CA78BBB4-735A-44C2-9446-A942ECBEF89E.jpeg (260.58 KB, 3 views)
jpeg 5059FD7D-8954-4471-9DBE-388EFAD7E250.jpeg (325.82 KB, 2 views)

CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Stefanie, I’m so sorry! I’m so glad you posted here. Many of us have had pets with cancer so we can relate to the terrified, sickening feeling of finding out that your Hank has been diagnosed with this rotten disease.
A couple of things to keep in mind are that he should have really good pain meds as bone cancer is painful. As long as Hank seems to be enjoying his life and doesn’t seem to be in pain try to enjoy every minute with him. It’s so hard not to let him know you’re upset but if you can do it for him you’ll be so happy that you did. Just come here and vent your sadness and anger that this has all happened. It’s so unfair! He should have had more than 8 years. One thing to remember is how much you loved him so those years have been happy ones for him and you. That’s a huge thing!! Enjoy the time with Hank but be watchful because it’s hard to tell when our pets are in pain. They’ll hide it. I hope you post again. It’s a great place for support. I remember being exactly where you are with that horrible diagnosis and I remember being so overwhelmed. It’s so painful and so exhausting! Please some back with an update. Hugs to you!
CK
CK1991

Reply with quote  #3 
Just wanted to add that he’s a very handsome guy. Love the pictures!
CK
BennysMom11

Reply with quote  #4 
I am SO SO sorry to hear this :( He looks like such a sweet boy!

My friend is actually going through the same situation now, and her vet recommended this site-
https://www.askariel.com/canine-osteosarcoma-s/1877.htm
Along with some Ask Ariel products, my friend has been trying to keep her dogs life as normal and happy as possible.

This really is so unfair, but try to spend as much time with him as possible! He can feel your love!
StefanieDG

Reply with quote  #5 
thank you so much, I'm going to get him stuff from there right away!

so far he is still his same old self. still eats and drinks like normal, we are really happy right now 😉 
BennysMom11

Reply with quote  #6 
I hope it helps!!
Keep us updated!
CK1991

Reply with quote  #7 
Yes, please keep us updated. He looks such a lovely boy!!
StefanieDG

Reply with quote  #8 
Hank passed away Tuesday. We are having a really hard time with it. He was such a major part of our life’s. It hard keeping a happy face on for our other animals. They deserve happy us and we love them so much too.
Today I went to my friends house and she has hanks sister, that was soooo hard. They look exactly alike and have the same mannerism. After I cried I just loved on her so much.

I love you Hank. I know I’ll see you again one day.
StefanieDG

Reply with quote  #9 
Hank passed away Tuesday. We are having a really hard time with it. He was such a major part of our life’s. It hard keeping a happy face on for our other animals. They deserve happy us and we love them so much too.
Today I went to my friends house and she has hanks sister, that was soooo hard. They look exactly alike and have the same mannerism. After I cried I just loved on her so much.

I love you Hank. I know I’ll see you again one day.
onesharon

Reply with quote  #10 
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know how terribly hard it is.  I hope Hank is running free and enjoying his time until you can join him.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.