MLovesRuby
It is a pleasure to meet you and read stories of Marmalade and what a brilliant, beautiful soul he was.  You mentioned in some of the posts things you've experienced after he passed.  Could you please share some of these with us?  I lost my beautiful black 16 year old cat Ruby Tuesday on Friday, May 29th.  She was my world and I'm staggered by grief.  In the posts I've read that you participated in, my heart felt your heart, your words were my words.  I would love to hear how Marmalade let you know he was okay.  I am longing to know if my baby can hear me talking to her.  Thank you so much, James.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for much for your kind and considerate greeting and note. And for your gracious words. Yes, I will share some of what I have experienced. I will come back and write a more detailed response. It is a fascinating and inspring topic of discussion. 

All best again,
James
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Thank you James.  It's the fifth day since I lost my Ruby.  I finally left the house yesterday to go for a drive, just to get off the couch and see the world.  As I was driving I thought how do I open the door and walk in without announcing to Ruby that I'm home and give her kisses and eat her ears.  I was slowly driving through the streets near my house and on the stoop of one of the homes sat a young pure black cat with a red collar on.  My Ruby is pure black and she had a red collar!  Is that my girl???  I drove around the block and the kitty was gone.  But I smiled.  That little baby gave me the strength to go home and open the door and announce myself to Ruby.  Even though I'm crying my eyes out right now, I remember some of the funny silly things she would do and I find myself laugh/crying.  I hope someday that when I think of her silliness, I will just laugh.

Thank you for listening.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
That would be considered a "Sign." Seeing the black cat with the red collar. Many here have reported seeing sightings of their lost beloved's. Quite often very quick glimpses. At times out of the corner of ones eye. Then they are gone. 

I like that name "Ruby Tuesday." I'm assuming that it was based upon the classic Rolling Stones song? Very unique. 

I say "Hi Doc" (my nickname for Marmalade) whenever I return back to the warehouse we shared. I touch base with him during the day. I mentioned on another thread you may have read how I always greet him and say goodbye and good morning and good night. It works. It's helped me with my grief. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing so. I often tell him: "I will NEVER, NOT EVER forget you. I remember you. I've been thinking about you. I miss you." It's been chathartic. It's part of our daily routine now. 

All best,
James
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Oh my gosh...thank you for saying it was a sign!  That short glimpse made my heart skip a beat.  

Yes indeed, Ruby was named after my favorite band of all time.  I've only sang it once in my head since she passed away and I cried and cried.  The lyrics are hitting me hard...."Goodbye Ruby Tuesday...…......still I'm gonna miss you".

I will do the same and talk to her.  I miss her sooooooooo badly...we all know the pain.

Thank you James.
Michelle
Quote 0 0