Juliann
Hi,

I am new here, my name is Juliann and I am hurting soooo bad, had no idea it would be this painful.  Yesterday morning the vet came to my house to put my beloved companion dog Roulette down after 11.5 years together.  We were together constantly and I look for him everywhere now.  How do I live without him?  How do I cope?  How do I get the image of his dead body and eyes out of my mind.  How do I stop crying.  I am soooo lost and hurt.  Help!!
Juliann
Quote 0 0
camunki

Juliann, i am so sorry for the loss of your Roulette....the crying will not stop for a while, you loved your baby and tears will fall during the next few months. I too have that "image" in my mind, i try to quickly replace it, cuz it can get you into a sad state of depression. I just try to remember all the love i gave to my pets. I lost 2 last year and I am still grieving. My Munki and Daizy are like my children (that i never had)..they were my babies, I talk to them daily, i have had "signs" from them and alot of dreams where they "visit" me in their dreams and let me know they are ok. Please keep posting here, i know talking and sharing with others helps so much, it takes away that alone feeling.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Juliann
Thanks so much for your support and I am so sorry for your loss too, it can be quite unbearable.
Juliann
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12

Juliann......I am so very sorry to read of your loss of Roulette. It is very, very early in your grief and pain right now.  My Winston passed 5 months ago today.  I still see my last image of him very clearly.  I will never forget that day.  But thats ok.  I don't want to forget my last minutes with him.  The image in your mind, sadly i don't believe will ever go away as i know mine won't.  

Eventually, you will stop crying like you are now.  Time will lessen your grief.  You were very fortunate to have the vet come to your home.  Roulette passed in familiar surroundings with you holding him.  I wish I could have done that for my Winston, but there was a 2 week wait!!!  In the beginning we don't know how we will cope, but somehow we do.  I think of my baby 24/7 365.  I think I always will now.  Roulette went peacefully as did Winston.  They are all together now, playing, healthy and happy.  My prayers are with you.   Sue

Susan
Quote 0 0
Juliann
Thanks Sue, it is helpful to go through this with others for sure!
Juliann
Quote 0 0