bambb
I moved from NH To PA, when I got to PA my cat was breathing really heavy constantly. I thought it was just from the long ride. He kept getting worse sides going in and out real heavy and fast. I took him to the Vet and they said his lungs were filled with fluid and his heart was doubled in size, and he was drowning in his own fluid. It totally breaks my heart as I think the long car trip may have caused this. I can't forgive myself for this. The sad part is I heard cats go to a favorite place when they are going to die. He went in center of my comforter and curled up in there, as he always laid on my bed every night. He would beat me in there every night. Well when I got to the vet they said he needed to be put down, I was reading that fluid could have been removed and medication could have helped him? If so why did they want him put down? Too late now as he was only 5 and a half years old. I love you and miss you very much Squiggles, You were and still are my life!!!!!! RIP my baby boy!!!
Quote 0 0
Katel
Bambb,  Oh I am sorry you are going through this.  Let me say I have lost pets to heart failure with similar symptoms, and yes sometimes medication does help for a while, but other times it cannot be helped.  Don't beat on that the journey caused it because it wouldn't have done, your precious Squiggles had the heart condition which chose that time to show itself.
This is such a hard time for you and it's all so fresh and i'm sending you warmest love and blessings.   You're not alone here on this board so please feel some comfort, and post whenever you want.

Kate
Quote 0 0
bambb
Thank You very much for your kind words. Yes it is extremely hard going through this right now. He was so young. Also 6 years ago we had to put a cat down due to Diabetes. I just still believe that if I didn't bring him to PA he may still be alive today!!
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
Hugs, I went thru the same, my little girl passed away in August to heart disease at home. She had a bad breathing spell and past away. I don't know if she had fluid or not, I think she past a bad blood clot. She struggled a whole lot and I sat and cried, I didn't have time to take her to her vet. I think when it's God's timing he takes them.
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
Mona was only about eight or nine.
Quote 0 0