smokiejoe
I had My loving cat smokie put to sleep after 15 years of loving him. I feel so sad. Its been three days, and it feels like yesterday. I miss him sooo much it hurts. I think my 3 year old cat is sad too. What do you think. Will, I ever get over this feeling.
Quote 0 0
LG
Hi Smokiejoe,
    I'm So sorry for your loss.... I lost my sweet dog, Chili, over six months ago and, honestly, it's still so very hard! Our babies are family and irreplaceable. I think the feelings of loss stay, I'm afraid...  I do think that with time, however, one is slowly able to begin to smile at the sweet memories, even as we cry with grief. I know despite the pain, though, I would never trade a moment of the time I had with my beautiful girl. I'm sure you feel the same. Please know that my thoughts are with you in your loss. You are not alone.

Sincerely,
LG
Quote 0 0
smokiejoe
I think you for your kind words.I still cry uncontrollably I think of him and the tears flow.I think maybe ,I did the wrong thing . Is this normal .
Quote 0 0
LG
Smokiejoe, I think your feelings are completely normal and only evidence of your heartbreak. I know that despite the fact that Chili was so very sick, was struggling so physically, I questioned my decisions, and on bad days still do. When I'm being more objective, though, I recall her discomfort and know I tried my best to do what was right for her. I know you did the same. I think all we can do is our best and that sometimes there just isn't a perfect answer. You acted out of love, and that's all that can be asked of you.

Warm wishes of comfort and peace,
LG
Quote 0 0
smokiejoe
Thank you so much that makes me feel a little better.And,I to am sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Tc22
I am so sorry for your loss. Almost 3 months ago I lost my cat of 16 years, she meant everything to me. That heart wrenching pain delivers a blow you never anticipated. Making that decision to send them to sleep is hard, being their with them in their final moments is even harder. Sometimes now when I close my eyes I still see her and it still hurts. We allow these precious creatures into our hearts, they are us and we are them. Unique in their own way and an instant member of our family. What feels like an eternity, years of joy and happiness is over before we know it and we are left with what's next? What does come next, maybe at the moment you're not too sure but don't be too hard on yourself. Someone told me grief is the price we pay for love and we can never have enough time with the ones we love. Someone one also told me that our loved ones deserve more than an easy mourning period. After all, without realising we gave our hearts to them. You know it's funny that a person can learn a lot from an animal, we learn the significance of simples things, the importance of enjoying life and living each day, stress free, at one with the world. Most importantly we learn about bravery and adversity in the face of pain. And how the gift of life is immensely precious. My cat saved our family, she really did. She taught us all something different and we shall always miss her. I'm sure you will, too.
I think most importantly they teach us about love, loyalty, life and everything inbetween. It's quite extraordinary actually. An animal has no care if you're rich or poor. Educated or illiterate, give it your heart and it shall give you theirs.
I used to hate it when people said to me 'it gets better, time heals all wounds'. You feel like telling them to shut up, like they could ever understand the enormity or your pain and the continuity of your grief. But it does get better. One day you will smile, then you'll probably cry, but you will smile when you think of them. When you look at a precious photograph or recall something goofy they did. When you imagine them sitting in a shaft of sunlight in their favourite spot in the garden.
And you'll thank them for coming into your life and making you feel so blessed.
I personally made a scrap book, and now I look it and I'm filled with love and joy. With pride and honour. Maybe you should do the same, or perhaps write a letter to them or even their life story, when you're ready of course. You may find once you start writing you will unlock a library of memories and yes the tears will flow but so will laughter. And you can finally tell your angels everything you always wanted to.
Whatever you do, be kind to yourself and know that it takes time.
Best,

T
Tc
Quote 0 0
smokiejoe
Thank you so very much.I will always remember my smokie joe
Quote 0 0
smokiejoe
That gut wrenching cry he let out is what really hurts .He was my best friend. I would hold his paw and tell him that ,I loved him and he'd squeeze my hand with his paw. I'm sorry about your cat too.
Quote 0 0