lexiandemma
Hi. I am new here. Yesterday was one of the most horrible days of my life.  I woke up in the morning and noticed my beautiful baby girl Lexi was not in the bed with me.  She had been sick lately and I knew the time was coming but nothing can ever prepare you for somthing like this.  In the past few days she quit eating and drinking.  I was going to have to make the difficult decision to bring her to the vet but she went on her own sparing me from that.  Lexi was my baby girl.  My first dog who was all my own.  I love her and she loved me.  Me and Lexi were a team.  We did everything together.  She slept with me, traveled with me, we went to Petsmart together.  We went to the gourmet pet shop place.  We were just a team.  We snuggled in the morning.  Today is my first morning to wake up knowing she is gone. 
Yesterday i got up and i went into the living room.  She wasn't on the couch or the chair where she had been for the last few days.  All she had done was sleep.  So I called for her and she didn't answer and I knew.  I turned around and she was laying on the floor like she was sleeping.  I called her and told her to get up.  She didn't.  I poked her with my toe and she was gone, already stiff.  I started screaming and got hysterical.  I host exchange students and she can of her bedroom and i was screaming and screaming and crying.  She called my cousin who came over and took Lexi to bury her.  I am beyond devestated.  All i have done yesterday is lay in bed and cry.  I slept horrible.  I miss her so much curled up next to me.  What am I going to do without her?  I still have my other baby, Emma.  Both are miniature schnauzers.  But I miss my Lexi, my first baby so much.  How do I get though this?  My heart hurts, I can feel it breaking.  I feel sick.  I called in sick to work. I just wanna lay in bed and cry.  But i know i can't. I must go back to work tomorrow.  My baby girl was spirited.  She was onery and love to play.  She would play catch for hours and hours.  She liked me to pet her and when i would quit she would slap me in the face...LOL... I miss that already.  She loved to curl up next to me.  I miss the feeling of her puppy head on my knee.  My baby girl was 8 years old when she left me.  I just want her back.  This pain is undescribible. 
Quote 0 0
Janine
Dear Lexiandemma,

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your sweet girl Lexi.  It's clear from your post how much you loved her, how special she was to you and what best friends you were. I understand the pain and longing. I know how hard it is. I'm afraid I have no easy answers for you.  It was 7 months yesterday I lost my girl and I still miss her every day.  However, the sharp edge of the pain does somewhat lessen in time, although you will miss and love her forever.  You've come to the right place. We understand how you are feelings and are here for you.

Thinking of you at this very sad time...
Janine

I love you forever Katie Kitty.
I can't wait to hugga-bug again with you one day.
Quote 0 0
BrianneM
Hi Lexiandemma,

I am so sorry for your loss. I had to put my dog, Freddie to sleep yesterday. He was a part of our family for 18 years! Everyone keeps telling me that he lived a long life, but it really doesn't make losing him any easier. Every morning when I woke up, he was in his bed right next to mine. Today it was so hard to look over and not see him there. And to not hear his feet on the wooden floors in my house. I had to work today and it was so hard to pretend I wasn't hurting inside. My deepest condolences go out to you- I am in the same position and I know how hard this is. Just know our beloved ones are looking down on us right now.

Sincerely,
Brianne

Quote 0 0
getg19
Me  and  my  wife  are  about  to  go  through  the  same  agony  my  poor  little  corgi  Disney is  going  to  leave  us  soon  the  pain and  grief  I  am  feeling  is  killing  me.I  work  with  the Police  and  have  seen  death  but  seeing  my  best  friend  suffer  is  more  then  I  can  bear but  we  must  be  strong and  know  we  will  meet  again.
Quote 0 0