BrahmiesMommy
Today is the day I found out my sweet little orange boy Gussie Cat was even sicker than I thought and was beyond healing and we began our goodbyes - 1 year ago today.  So many here walked with us through a difficult journey of increasing illness until God called him home and he was forever young and healthy and free to join his best kitty friend Brahmie Rahmie, who left way too early but loved Gussie cat like his beloved brother.  Gussie was an amazing smart loving kitty with the spirit and heart of a lion. He was a true angel sent by  God to save his mom's life in the fall of 1991 and I was graced with 18 years and 3 months.  Gussie showed us all grace and love through tough times and I carry his example so deeply inside  that he is always with me.  We miss him, when I tell Scottie and Lucy that Gussie loves them they both purr and purr.  I will post pictures tonight when I'm at my own computer.  For some reason earlier my post deleted and this is the 4th try but each time I'm moved to tears.  I kept every post from last year when Gussie was making his final journey and they are an incredible source of comfort and I continue to be grateful to everyone here for the help and comfort I was given with both GussieCat and Brahmie Rahmie a few years earlier...love and hugs to everyone.   http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/GUSSI001/Resident.htm

Brahmie and GussieCat's Mommy - Scottie and Lucy's too
Quote 0 0
rbykrk
Dearest Laurie. I wrap you in my hugs tonight as you remember Gussie on this one year marker. As I read your words my eyes brimmed. I remember well your boy and the journey you took with him last year. Gussie has always touched my heart and I hold him dear to me.He is such a special soul to affect us all as he has.
Laurie I know your yellow boys watch over you and I know they love you.
My heart and thoughts are with you tonite as you remember Gussie. I hope these memories bring a smile to you  and lift your heart.
My biggest hugs to you,
Ruby, Chucky's Mom

"Never does a man know the force that is in him until some mighty affection or grief has humanized the soul."

Chucky...Forever Beloved.....May 13, 2007,
Rusty...November 30, 2007
Quote 0 0
Maria
Dearest Laurie, I'm sending you many hugs and lots of love on this one year marker.  I remember how hard little Gussie fought and how many times he rallied but his body grew tired and his time came to transition to that beautiful place we know as Rainbow Bridge.  Your orange boys live on in your heart and memories and their beautiful spirit are your constant companions - until the day day you hold them again, Laurie, hang on to all that's beautiful about these things. Thank you for sharing your furbabies with us - they're very precious to me, my friend.
Maria - Ralphie's Mom
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"-Anatole France
Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
Thanks Ruby, I'm so glad I was able to share the last 2 years
of Gussie's life with you.  He really was an amazing cat and
I know he was an angel like your Chucky was.  Our amazing boys. 
Chucky very much touched my life also.It helped so much to walk
through his last year esp. here as it was such a
roller coaster. I know now he's healthy again.  Hugs to you Ruby.

Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
(((Maria))) thank you so much.  So many beautiful pictures you
shared of my babies that I will treasure forever and that one on
your post is one of my favorite.. God bless you dear friend -
Brahmie angel brought us together  and I'm so grateful for that. 
I need to post some of those pics up here and I will soon.

Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Laurie,

Sending you my prayers and hugs on your Gussie's one year marker. I remember so well the emotions that you went through and how Gussie fought the brave fight. Your Precious Orange boys Gussie and Brahmies always remind me so much of my own sweet precious Orange boy Burton. I hope they are all friends now at the Bridge.The precious and loving memories forever live in our hearts and souls and that can never be taken away from us. God Bless your precious babies.

Hugs,

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
Dear Tricia, Thanks so much, it is so good to see you again and see Burton's sweet picture.  He does look so much like Gussie and Brahmies and I know they have to be playing together.  I'll never forget the first time Brahmies met Gussie - he went right up to him and turned him around 3 times and Gussie  had no choice but love him.  I know the orange boys stick together they have such sweet spirits...I have missed everyone here, I saved every post, it was hard to be here  much after Gussie left -Many hugs to you and your babies..

Quote 0 0
Tricia
Oh Laurie, you are so right, they are such sweet and gentle spirits. My niece who also had an Orange Tabby said to me, "Aunti Trish, you will never regret having him!" She was so right! I remember when Burton first came to us, he bonded with our Ozzie Beagle right away and Ozzie was already an elderly gentleman, and Burton was so very gentle with him and they spent so much time together sharing the sunbeam. He was the best and to this day forever missed and forever loved.

I also missed everyone here and always read and saved different posts. I need to listen to my heart and help the new loses when I can.

I know our babies are together at beautiful Rainbow Bridge. God Bless our babies.Forever loved, forever missed.

Hugs,

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
wallysmom
Laurie,   Hugs to you on this one year marker.   I so remember reading your posts about GussieCat.   GussieCat is healthy and running careful now with his brother Brahmie and all the wonderful friends he has met at the Rainbow Bridge. 

Nancy
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Laurie,

Oh, how I love your Gussie pictures!

You know what's in my heart, and that I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers throughout this sad week, just as I did last year at this time.  I just wanted to post a little note to you here in addition to our other communications.

((((((((Laurie))))))))

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
(((Nancy))) it is so good to see you - thanks so much for all your comforting words last year  going through his loss and today.  I hope you are doing well God bless you.  (((Susie))) - aren't his pics great.  My sweet little boy I want you all to meet him..

Quote 0 0
mom2tux
Oh Laurie ... I know I'm late but know that my thoughts are with  you. 

Maryalice (mom to Tasha)

Maryalice ~~ forever Mom to Tasha, Max, and Tux

Tasha ... you will never be forgotten. Enjoy the Bridge where you travelled to on 3/8/08. Let Dad know when Max joins you.

Max ... why you never came home I will never know (6/10/09).
Quote 0 0
BrahmiesMommy
(((Maryalice))) it is soo good to see you.  Thank you so much. I hope you are doing well.  God bless you and your babies..

Quote 0 0
mom2tux
Thank you Laurie ... I still visit but don't post often as I have no words for all the new losses.  Max never did come home but my husband had a dream where Tasha "told" him that Max was not with her.  So I believe he's found a new home and I try not to take it personally.  LOL

Tux's personality has really come out since Max left.  He's a whole different cat now.  So maybe there was a reason Max never came back? 

Maryalice

Maryalice ~~ forever Mom to Tasha, Max, and Tux

Tasha ... you will never be forgotten. Enjoy the Bridge where you travelled to on 3/8/08. Let Dad know when Max joins you.

Max ... why you never came home I will never know (6/10/09).
Quote 0 0
MeggiesmomClaire
Dearest Laurie,
I know how hard this is for you and my heart truly goes out to you.
Our babies markers seem to bring back a lot of old memories, some good, but when they got sick, some bad.
My love and hugs are reaching out to you tonight and I hope the wonderful little kitties that you let go to the Bridge, Gussie and Brahmie, are watching down over you.  They love you and their spirit is always with you, my dear friend.
Claire  Meggiesmom

Quote 0 0