Mamanelson
I had the most precious little Pomeranian named Zorro for 5 1/2 years. She was the light of my life and helped through so much. The death of both of my parents with in 2 years of each other & the death of my beloved Sheltie Morgan 2 years ago. Zorro died this past Saturday and I can't help but feel it's my fault. My oldest daughter is in the Air Force and had two dogs. When she was PCS'd this las time she opted to not take the dogs so my youngest daughter took them. One is a pug the other a Staffie. The staffie apparently had dominance &. Territory issues. She attacked my daughters Sheltie for no reason resulting in his death. Rather than have the dog euthanized I took her in. We worked with her daily and she was even friends with my Sweet Zorro. Last Saturday I went shopping & my husband was home with out 3 dogs & my youngest daughters two dogs (she had brought them over for a visit. We had done this before). My husband stepped outside for under 10 minutes. When he came back in, Zorro was dead. Elfie (the Staffie) had ripped her stomach open & killed her for no reason. We know the others was not involved as none of them had any blood on me just her. I came home to bury my little shadow.

I feel it's my fault Zorro died because I tried to rehab Elfie. We had to have Elfie euthanized because I was afraid she would continue this behavior & it could be a person next.

My guilt is overwhelming and my grief over losing Zorro so suddenly is about to kill me.
Lori
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
Lori, 
So very sorry for your tragic and sudden loss.  There aren't a lot of words that can help or heal at this time but you've come to the right place to share your story.  You certainly had the best of intentions by trying to rehab Elfie and no one can fault you for that.  It sounds like Elfie made progress with your consistent care and likely had some happy times with all of you.  These things are such a mystery and you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure it all out.  I truly think our pets are on a life journey that will happen no matter what we do or don't do.  We do the best we can with what we know at the time...and life just happens.  Zorro would not want you to take on this overwhelming guilt.  She would want you to remember all the love and support she offered you in the past...and will continue to offer you!  Let her light continue to shine in your heart...and give you the peace and serenity you deserve.  Blessings to all,
Martha
Winston's mom
Quote 0 0