SkippysDad Show full post »
adrianne
Skipper was a really beautiful cat.  he looked pretty big. more to love. 
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Wow, he really was a beautiful kitty.
Just out of curiosity, does that shelter still exist ?
Not necessarily today, but in time, you might take a little walk through there again ? You won't ever find another Skipper, but you night just find another completely different friend, that ends up becoming another wonderful part of your life 🙂
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
maggieyancey
i’m so sorry that you had to go through this. i can’t imagine if i had to put my cat down and thankfully she passed away peacefully at the vet. i knew if she had lived any longer we would have to put her to sleep and it was killing me to imagine that. i send all my love and support to you and your family. it’s so hard even 8 months after i lost my best friend but day by day i get by. i hope you do not feel guilty for trying to save him some pain and suffering. he knew he was loved and passed away with his loved ones around him.
Quote 0 0
SkippysDad
Thank you Maggie. I’m sorry to hear you lost your cat too. It’s been one week today and I keep reliving those last moments at the vet’s, feeling the life slip away from my Skipper. My eyes fill with tears and it’s as raw today as it was then. Still hoping he somehow lets me know that he’s found peace and love on the other side.
Skippy’s Dad
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Wow what a beautiful big boy skipper was..i too had to put my beautiful baby boy ollie to sleep 4 days ago and i still dont know if i did the right thing..the vet said i did but 'what if' keeps popping up in my head..
My ollie was just over 5yrs old and he to had fluid in hes lung..but i just cant shake the imagine of him struggling to breathe and him looking at me as if to ask for help..i am now crying as i write this..
I am soo sad as hes left a gaping hole in my home and my heart
Im so sorry for evryones losses..this forum has helped me talk bout my feelings as i grieve..
Cats have routines they say
I think ollie was my routine and now im at total loss..😭
Quote 0 0
SkippysDad
I’m so sorry to hear about your Ollie.I think I’m coming to realize that I would have questioned my decision no matter what. If i had waited, perhaps my Skipper might have survived a little longer, but he might, and probably would have, been horribly miserable. I know he was starving despite having all his favorite foods and plenty of water right next to him. You never know what life will throw your way from day to day. We just have to make decisions and deal with the consequences. We make those decisions to the best of our ability based on what we know, the best advice we can get and our own gut feelings. We’re only human and we won’t always be right but I think all of us here did what what we did because we believed it was the best thing we could do for our beloved pets. Only God can know now if it was the best thing. At least our babies are no longer suffering.
Skippy’s Dad
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Thankyou for listening..
I slept in my bed last night since ollies departure and it was horrible..i think i eventually cried myself to sleep literally..
Then them 'what if's' came back to torture me
I'd only taken ollie for hes booster that mon before and i asked the vet to listen to hes heart to make sure everything ok..he said he cldnt as ollie wasnt under the 'wellness plan'! What if i made him and he might had heard 'cracklin' in hes breathing and something could of been done there and then?!
So many 'what ifs'..and now my baby gone..😔
Quote 0 0