Hadassahsmom
I feel so guilty, my Hadassah is being euthanized on Friday and I feel so guilty that I have not been better to her in this past year and have at times wished she would just pass on. She is jealous of the baby and would tear things up and pee all the time which she never used too and it makes me so frustrated and I would get so angry with her and inside I would just wish she would just pass away because she's already old and frail and because I have so much to deal with already with a new baby, a difficult job, an old house that needs repairs and low income that having her tearing up my broken down house and peeing all the time and having to listen to my new baby cry for me to pick him up and I can't because I am constantly mopping up pee and sanitising it and he's sitting crying for me while I'm cleaning up her jealousy mess I would feel such anger at her and wished she would just pass away. But now things have changed and are forcing us to have her euthanized on Friday and I don't want to say goodbye and I feel so guilty now. I wished I could have spent more time with her, done more things with her but with a brand new baby I couldn't take her to the park or drive around town with her but I still feel so guilty and have so much regret
Quote 0 0
puppy1
I feel for you and I am so sorry about the guilt you are feeling right now. Maybe it's not the right time? If you are feeling guilty now, afterwards will be much worse.
Quote 0 0
Adorabella
I understand having regrets, like wishing to spend more time with them. I'm not quite sure why you are forced to get her euthanized, but the pain after is way worse than the knowing before. If you can now, spend some time with her and tell her about your regrets and guilt, and what you loved about her.
Quote 0 0