Beaglemomma Show full post »
jimmy17
Janice. I`ve often wondered that myself about parrots and tortoises, why do they have such longevity compared to dogs and cats? Surely you would think that doggies should live the longest, as they give so much to us in comparison? That is a question we have no answer to  as yet. We have been looking at photos of Jim tonight, so many beautiful memories he gave us - just a little rescue dog who somebody in their divine wisdom decreed he should be put to sleep at the age of 4 months, but thankfully he came to us and gave us so much love, friendship and loyalty. He taught us more about what is important in life than any lesson I learnt at school. Hugs to you and Molly, Jackie. xx

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh wow.  Why in the world would someone want to put down a puppy who was not in pain???  That just doesn't make sense,but then humans often don't when these babies never do things like that.  I agree that we too have learned a lot about unconditional love from our girl.  I can't look at Molly's album quite yet, just now been able to post pictures I have on my computer.  All the ones of her as a puppy would just be too much quite yet.  They will be very precious to me soon, but not quiet yet.
janice
Quote 0 0
bartlett
Hi Janice, Just wondering how your day has been. I was just sitting here thinking about my Chester man and some of the funny things he used to do. He would lay on the foot rest of the recliner and stretch out to the coffee table in front of it and lay with his head and upper body on the coffee table and the rear part on the recliner foot rest. We have a cat that thinks she's one of the dogs and when I would feed her Chester would put his head right at the food bowl and stretch his long body out with legs extended behind him and just wait. If I told him he was a good boy, he would jump right in and start eating the cat food.
I'm so thankful that the people that had him originally decided they didn't want him. I was donating blood and my vet was too and he mentioned that he had a 9 month old dachshund that needed a home. I went before the day was out and he came home with me. I can't in my wildest dreams imagine any one not wanting that precious thing. He was a handful at times but worth every minute of my time. He was bad to leave the yard & we finally put down an underground fence and every now and then he'd run through it in spite of the shock he received. I was always so afraid he'd get lost in the woods. As he got older he did better but I've walked many a mile to my neighbor's where he usually went and would have to actually pick him up and carry him home.
I could go on and on as I know you could about your Molly. What wonderful memories but how sad to know we'll never experience that joy of loving and being loved by them.
I JUST MISS MY CHESTER!
Do you live alone? I do and since my husband has been gone for 11 years it's hard to remember a time when I wasn't alone. I really don't think of myself as being alone with all of my animals.
Chester's mom (Joan)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
jimmy17 wrote:
Janice.I am certain that Molly is now free from all her allergies, just as I am sure my Jim is free from his problems with his liver and foot allergies. They are both running around like the young pups they are. enjoying this release from all their earthly problems. Every now and then, they are taking `time out` to check in with us, just to make sure that we are ok, but they are enjoying the spiritual life they have been given for all the love and loyalty they gave us while in our care. We will see them again, I am certain, all that love and friendship we shared with our babies means that we will be reunited in the future. Sending you love and healing,Jackie xx

Janice, This was put so beautifully by Jackie that I wanted to post it again. Also the love you have for Molly is the bond that keeps the connection between the two of you alive. Yes, Molly and all of our beloveds are in a spiritual world now, their spirits are free  but the love keeps them close to us.
        It is hard to accept what we don't understand. Yet isn't that what having faith is about, believing in what we cannot see? I have often said in my letters to Coco that her physical loss has been the biggest test of my faith. It really took me for a loop as well Janice. I know how you are feeling. We are such physical beings on this earth. We want our beloveds with us to touch, see, smell, love. 
        I read on this thread how much Molly was your world. This is such a big loss for you. Anything is difficult for you to accept at this time. Yet you are a loving, spiritual person as well. Healing takes time, just like a raw cut, it will heal better with proper care, a little TLC and time! Even then, the scar will always be there, a painful reminder of the loss, it is the price we pay for these very special relationships...  Yet we have the assurance that we will be reunited with our babies in the future.....This is temporary .... that's how I see things Janice........hugs to you and Molly,........Sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
Trudijane

Hello,

Occasionally, since August, I come back to the forum to know that I am not alone but also to see how much in common we all have, besides just the pain & guilt.  I've been reading Molly & Janice comments and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Janice, your beagle is just beautiful.  It reminds me of the Beagle that my mom adopted for me (when I was 12) to make me stop bringing stray 'cats' into the house.  I was so excited to finally get a puppy, but as it turns out, Frisky (Beagle/Terrier Mix) bonded with my mom and when we lost him at age 11, my mom was completely devastated.  I remember that well.

My life moved on and I got to have my cats, finally!  Altho I love dogs too, I guess I always was sort of a cat person.  I lost my Coony Boy in August.  He was a big, loveable, affectionate and very special Maine Coon whose life was cute short at 9 yo. 

I kept on wondering why me? because I had so many losses in a row and I idenified with your post, Janice.  First, my eldest brother died of complications of dementia; my next door neighbors (my best friends at the time) moved out of the country, I lost a friend to suicide and others moving and I remember thinking thank God I have Coony to give me reason to live.  A month later, he was gone and although I have another cat who I do care about, I miss Coony so much (so does his buddy) and I wondered how can life be so cruel to take the things that sustained me in life away - one thing after another - the worst loss being Coony

When I read your post, I saw that I wasn't alone and I empathized so much with what you are feeling for your losses.  My heart goes out to you.

Trudi
TrudiJaneNeiverth
Quote 0 0
lynnda
Janice,
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. You know my story with my precious Baron, and you have been so kind and helpful in your words to me. Molly was such a cutie. I am so sorry you and she had that experience at the vet. For her it was a moment in time, for you it keeps replaying. I agree with those who say it is like PTSD. I keep playing over and over Baron's   death and how could I!! You  gave Molly your heart and soul and will always be connected. I don't have any "magical" words but my prayers are for you as well as my thanks for your kind words to me.
Much love,
Lynnda
lynnda
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Molly's mom,
I think of you and Molly often and hope you are doing okay.  This new existence is hard to get used to, but it is worth the pain.  I can not imagine if we had not been lucky enough to have them in our lives.  We all have guilt in different ways, I know I have gone over and over and over in my mind what I should have/could have/didn't do to help my girl.  Sometimes though, hindsight is very clear but it wasn't at the time.  Life will never be the same and we are different too.  The only thing that comforts me is knowing that one day I will be with my girl again.  Hugs to you and Molly always from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
vlmatt
Dear Janice, I pray before responding and the title "Guilt" caught my eye.    When you LOVE you can't have guilt because LOVE is LOVE and casts out all fear.  Without a doubt, you loved your baby.  Our final moments with our most beloved fur friends tend to rule our emotions as TRUTH when in actuality, it's the grief of loss that is speaking.  The TRUTH is the quality of life you spent with your beloved and the care you provided all those years.  The end of life is always difficult for any of us as we have to leave these imperfect bodies for a perfect body in heaven including animals!  :)   The final moments or even final days, weeks or months are the most FRESH in our minds and not only FRESH but painful, however, our broken bodies do suffer and again, including fur babies.    So......be released from any guilt because we are imperfect humans, and our LOVE AND INTENT for our beloved is perfect.   I pray that you would rest in that and know that your beloved's soul is in the arms of JESUS right now!   He is the Creator of all visible and invisble, so Bless you my friend.  Vicki 
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Thank you Vicki for your thoughtful and insightful post. I truly do appreciate your comments and my head knows they are true it is just my heart that is having trouble.
!cid_DF52C02781564D04BF9E36116164D7DA@Carl.jpg 
janice
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
I am sorry Janice. There are so many posts that I have missed.  Reading about guilt with your Molly makes me very sad. Reading your posts & replies to everyone on this forum while you are grieving Molly being gone shows how you are a giving & loving person. When you write about Molly, I can feel your love for your girl-- how much you miss her from your words-- and I understand. We all share the deep pain & emptiness and different forms or measures of guilt.

Your pictures of Molly show a beautiful, smiling happy girl. She looks like she's smiling & laughing because she's so happy she found you and you found her. Thank you for being so good to everyone on this forum. You have certainly helped me. Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
That picture of Jesus with Molly is AWESOME!  The Lord just gave me a thought of Jesus holding both you and Molly in His arms!  Your Creator is gripping you both right now, and I promise that the pain will ease each day but never the Love.  :)    I will pray that Jesus give you a vision of Molly in your dream for deep Comfort from above,  God Bless you deeply Dear Janice,  Amen  Vicki 
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0