maymay
I just had my little dog Willie put down yesterday. He was 18. He was having trouble walking, his teeth were infected, he had had several seizures and had a swollen maxillary gland. The vet said it was best but I still kep thinking maybe there was something else I could do. I was his momma - I was supposed to protect him!!
mary gillespie
Quote 0 0
Bizbol
Mary,

As the vet said, I believe you made the right decision for your friend. Knowing you made the right decision does not make the pain go away, but it may help you find a bit of peace.

Willie passed away in a very calm and reassuring way. He did not feel any pain nor anguish. I lost my little 16 year-old Pomeranian to a heart attack. Although we were all around him, caressing him and whispering in his little ears, I fear he suffered and I regret that a lot. But it happened all so suddenly.

I feel your pain, Mary. There is nothing harder in life, nothing as painful as losing our little furry friends. They take up so much space in our hearts that their passing leaves a huge void that nothing seems to fill.

My thoughts are with you,

Eric
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Mary, 

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Willie, I hope in time you are able to use your fond memories of Willie to help mend your broken heart.

Guilt is a hard thing to overcome, but you have to go with what your Vet said, he is the expert, as hard as it is to let your Willie go, you did him the last loving thing you could give him, you didn't let him suffer. I truly admire those like you, who have had to make that gut wrenching decision, it is never an easy one to make and it is always full of guilt or doubt.

Please know that you did what you thought was best for Willie, Willie knows this, he loves you for not letting him suffer, he loves you for the wonderful long life you provided and shared with him. The love and bond you two shared will never be broken, Willie is with you forever, always in your mind and never leaves your heart.

Please be gentle with yourself, your pain is so new and so raw, let the love and many happy memories of your wonderful boy Willie help heal your broken heart.

Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Fishnmusicn
Mary,

It is so hard to make that final decision but you did the right thing, otherwise the suffering Willie would go through would not be fair to either of you. It was the same for me, I couldn't let my Molly suffer anymore and it comes down to the most difficult decision that gives them peace. There are many conflicting feelings about what to do because of all the love we feel and have shared together. Give yourself plenty of time to grieve and realize you did all you could. In time you will be able to see that on a thinking level even as your heart continues to hurt, it will not take away any of the pain but it will be easier to know. May peace be with you.

Sincerely,

Chuck
Quote 0 0
maymay
Thank you all so much for responding. My heart is breaking and I'm trying to put on a good front for my family. They keep telling me it's best. I know they're right but it doesn't hurt any less. I guess it's going to take time but right now I don't see an end in sight
mary gillespie
Quote 0 0
Marleyimissyou
Mary,

My heart breaks for you. We truly understand the pain you are going through as we are on the same terrible journey.

Keep writing to us, we're here for you.

Please be kind to yourself.

Sending you Big hugs,

- Ana (Marley's momma)
- Ana (Marleys momma)
Quote 0 0
maymay
Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for everyone on here that is suffering from the loss of their fur babies. Unless you have gone through this, I don't think you can understand- that's why it's so comforting to hear from you all. I seem to be doing ok then start crying all over again with this overwhelming ache
mary gillespie
Quote 0 0
Marleyimissyou
Hi Mary,

I awoke early this morning thinking you. How are you today?

I know it's an unbearable pain. But please continue writing to us, it helps to get it out.

When you're strong enough tell us more about your angel Willie?

You are not alone.

Big hugs,

- Ana (Marley's mo
- Ana (Marleys momma)
Quote 0 0
maymay
I haven't been able to sleep for days. I keep thinking I hear Willie wanting to go out. I feel so guilty for not having surgery done even though the vet said it wasn't a good idea because of his age. Willie was my little love bug he always had to be close to me. Even when he was having trouble walking he followed me everywhere. I love you Willie dog!!
mary gillespie
Quote 0 0
Bizbol
Mary,

I feel your pain so much. I'm so sorry you lost Willie. Please don't be hard on yourself, however. Not subjecting Willie to surgery was the best thing to do in his case. My little Tsuk had problems with his teeth that probably led to his heart attack, but the vet had told us surgery was too risky. I won't lie to you and say I never felt some guilt, but in the end, if he had died on the surgery table, it would have been much worse. I truly believe you did the right thing, even though it may not seem like it right now.

I wish you courage, strength and peace,

Eric

Quote 0 0