Mysweetsimba
Last night I got confirmation that Simba passed from his tumor bleeding.
The vet(who we go to if my normal vet doesn't have appointments) who told us he had a mass, told us didn't have long to live but we needed to come in the next day to get x-rayed and if it hadn't spread, have an op.
I went to my normal vet the next day with all this information and they said it's not standard procedure to operate without results from his biopsy, they needed to know what they were dealing with.
He died two days later. I made a mistake. I should have gone back to the vet that found the cancer. I made a mistake, and Simba paid for it.
Quote 0 0
Kalis_Mom
You did exactly what you thought was right and you have to try not to beat yourself up for it. We found a mass in my Kali as well and she was in surgery less than 2 hours later. I was lucky because I worked at this vet hospital in high school and my step dad is a vet there. I knew she was in the best hands and they were going to do everything they could to help her. I actually didn’t even say goodbye to her because I thought everything would be okay which is something I can’t help but cry about even tho there’s really no good way to say goodbye. Once the surgeons were in there, they could see that the tumor was in a really bad place, connected to blood vessels and that it was large and they said it looked really bad and would bet that it was cancerous. When you have certain types of cancerous tumors there is very little treatment and mostly a lot of suffering. She didn’t make it through surgery and probably would’ve had a very hard time recovering. And even if she would’ve made it through that I would’ve only had a few months with her. I wish I would’ve caught it sooner but she literally played every day with me until that day so I didn’t think anything was that wrong. So don’t beat yourself up about not getting the surgery. That may or may not have made your dog better. No matter how our dogs or loved ones pass we always have this guilt and blame and what ifs but you have to stop yourself from doing that because it’s not helpful and just makes you feel worse.

Focus on the years you spent with them, the fun times you had, know that you gave your dog the best life.

It is very hard and it sucks. That was a little over a month ago and it brings me to tears when I think about the day I lost her and how much I miss her. I can’t tell begin to tell you how sorry am I that you are going through this.
Quote 0 0
NoriFaria

I'm so sorry. 
But you did everything you could. You took him to the vet! You couldn't have known. And if it happened that fast, maybe the disease was worst than expected. You gave Simba a family and all the love he could have asked for. 

Believe me, if Simba could do it, he would thank you for all you did for him. You were a great parent to him. And I'm sure he'll be patiently waiting to see you again someday. 

Ana
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
Thank you for your replies, Kali hearing your story really has helped. I'm sorry to hear how you have also had lost little loved one, I will be honest I would have also assumed she was going to make it, things happened in the right way, it must of been crushing to find out after all of that she still lost the battle. I really appreciate you sharing this.
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
NoriFaria, thank you for your words. I'm trying a little harder to let go of the fact that I didn't have as much control as I thought.
Quote 0 0