frostymommy
OK, So Caleb my 14 yr old says there is a dying baby bird on an Envelope with a broken wing and is on our driveway. I was like, no...I cannot look at it, I'm already too sad, put it under a tree if dead. Abbie goes, returns with better news...Baby alert, not dead, wing slightly bent. I was like, arugh...nooo....

Then I go out, bird was not on an envelope as caleb said...it was on a sticky trap!My sticky trap I put in the garage cuz parrots don’t like field mice. This sparrow was not a baby but the crazy adult who always flies in the garage to steal our parrot food. So it Took forever to cut out his stuck feathers and unstuck his skinnier than rosethorn claws. Then after cutting out the gunk n gently removing feet n wing, he goes crazy, hops around garage straight into the square box 3-D sticky trap and now his HEAD is stuck!!

So more haircut, removing claws, feather trim.... then finally let this sticky bald bird with not much feather left...back on the tree and he hopped in the Medusa head tree where he lives...by my garage. We ran late to bday party but feel sooo good! So glad it was a happy ending! Thank you for prayers! At least today we laughed sooo much since Frafra went to heaven
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
It was a good diversion since we lost Frosty 3 weeks ago.... I guess many more little ones need our care so keep on loving in the meantime sweeties!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
This stuff is sooo sticky I had to throw the scissor away!
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Omg. What a sight I bet that was. I'm glad that you got him out and he was okay. I'm happy that it made you laugh.
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
Life is so fragile...seeing this lil guy with a bald head now makes me feel like I need to be strong and take care of everything that comes my way.

Frosty once brought in a baby dove!! WE were sooo shocked we threw turkey meat at him till he dropped the baby bird! !! GOOD THING baby bird was not injured at all but Covered in SPIT, lol!! We saved it and brought baby bird to wild life sanctuary. Yay was a funny memory. .....
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0
camunki
what a life saver you are, helping this precious little soul!!............sometime our pets come back to us thru other animals, maybe this was a sign that your Frosty is giving you a visit!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Frostys mom...
Such a beautiful story about the little bird you saved!  I know your Frosty was watching and knew you would help.  After our furbabies leave us, it is amazing how different the world seems and what is important to us.  I find myself watching the clouds, feeding the birds, touching leaves, waiting on butterflies....seeing our life, our world, in a very different life.  Oh how much they taught us!  I hate that we are here under the circumstances that bring us here, but know that we are guided here by our furangels who are so perfect.  Thanks for posting such a beautiful story with a happy ending!

Hugs to you and Frosty from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0