Kim2145
I just had to put my cat to sleep last night and I'm having a very hard time with it. My husband is away on a trip for work and every place I go inside my house, there's a memory of my Tuxey. He was a part of my life for 17 1/2 years and I feel Soo lonely now.
Quote 1 0
KatherineAnne
From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry your Tuxey is gone. Those first hours, days, weeks are the worst. You have come to a good place. Everyone here is going through their grief and this is a smart and supportive community.  Again, I am sorry you have this pain. I have come to understand that this is the price of the love we share with our animal buddies. They don’t live long enough.
Quote 1 0
kelly040506
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. It feels as if our pets take a piece of us with them when they leave us. I wish there was something to be said that could take your pain away, but I know from experience that those words sadly do not exist. I hope you know that you are not alone and there are always people that you can reach out to. I am sending love your way during this difficult time. 
Kelly H.
Quote 1 0
Kim2145
Thank you for your kind words. I love that I found a place where I can talk about my feelings with others. It does help to "talk it out". We've been through this twice with 2 other cats in our house, but I guess it was easier because there was always another cat to comfort me. Tuxey was the last one so know the empty house makes it that much harder. I feel like I'm grieving for all 3 at the same time and the feelings of guilt today are unreal. I know this takes time. Thank you for listening.
Quote 1 0
CarolineMc
Kim, so sorry for you loss. It is never easy to make those decisions alone. I have no one close by to lean on. My brother lives in another state. So I only had Dixie and myself. It was two days after Dixie(she was a shelter rescue) passed, I felt the urge to look up the shelter website and look. And I saw the dogs. Called a friend to take me to the shelter the next day. Put on a hold. I went to the website again, as I was going back to shelter with the decision on the pick and saw Zoey, a Dachshund/Labrador Retriever mix. Went to the shelter, got the hold off the pick and saw Zoey. She was brought to a room I was in, she sniffed a bit, got on the big couch I was on., went around my lower back and settled down next to me. Dixie was telling me with this that Zoey was the one. We have been learning new things since, went on a first road trip and working on Trusting her on her own, without being crated in the house with me gone. She has passed with flying colors. 

It is hard when they get sick so quickly and when we find out there have been problems that we did not know about. Dixie had an infection that wound up making her autoimmune system to attack her red blood cells, making her very weak and anemic. But we have to trust ourselves to do what is best and know they are no longer suffering or miserable. Your best friend is still watching over you everyday. Be sure she is still there with you in spirit for she taught you a lot about yourself through the care of her. You are a better person because you loved her so. Have a great day and keep hanging in there. It will be hard for sometime. You will be fine. Take the time and grieve.
Caroline McClain
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Kim
I am so sorry for your loss of Tuxey. I lost my 19 yr old cat 5 weeks ago and it still hurts. Like you said, they were always there with us. It is a huge loss and only time will make it easier. You are right having other cats is helpful. I still have two. One is 18 yrs old which worries me too. My other is 3 years old!
Please keep writing and let us know how you are feeling. Writing has helped me tremendously. You are not alone and we do understand the terrible pain you are feeling. Sending you a big hug.
Quote 0 0
jorge
I'm sorry for your loss of Tuxey. Know that you are not alone in feeling what you are feeling. I lost my 10.5 years old dog, Henry on Friday. That feeling of loneliness that comes with the now "quiet and empty" house is so overwhelmingly sad and painful. Sending love and positive thoughts...
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss Kim. The emptiness they leave in their absence hits your soul. Every time I get home I know it'll be empty. My heart goes out to you. *sending my condolences and deep warm hug your way.
Quote 0 0
KatherineAnne
Kim 2145 -
I, too, just lost the "last one" of a cohort that started with Hanako in 1993. Many cats in and out of the house in those years. The core was a quartet of black and white girls. When Hanako died in 2013 it was just Miyako and me, and we both freaked out and bonded over the shock of Hanako being gone. Miyako told me, "She was my leader." We had 6 harmonious years together, and she died on Sept. 6. For right now it is right that the house be empty. I have some work on myself and my life I have to do. I have been thinking about them all, sort of having a big "cat party," not always a happy one, but that's the price of caring. Her last words to me were "Thank you."
Quote 0 0
Kim2145
Thank you all for sharing your feelings and your experiences. Yesterday was definitely a bad day. I reached out for him when I woke up (like I did for many many years) and he wasn't there. I kept myself busy going into work on my day off....lol! The feelings of guilt were extremely overwhelming but I was able to talk to my parents about it. They gave me reassurance that we have Tuxey a great life and they also said something that I never thought of. They told me that I have Tuxey 2 extra years of a wonderful life. They thought he was going to pass 2 years ago when his intestinal issues began.
Talking has definitely helped and I actually feel a little better today. The mornings are the toughest because we had "our routine". I still look for him and I know he's there but also know he's with his brothers having that "cat party".
Thank you for this forum and for sharing❤️
Quote 0 0