Gmr
Since the loss of my furbaby Peanut, less than 2 wks ago, I have every muscle in my body aching and when I walk I feel like my body is so heavy. Has anyone else felt like this?
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Gmr wrote:
Since the loss of my furbaby Peanut, less than 2 wks ago, I have every muscle in my body aching and when I walk I feel like my body is so heavy. Has anyone else felt like this?
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Gmr wrote:
Liz
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
No but grief can affect your body in different ways I’m sure. I don’t normally get headaches but lately I am.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Gmr so sorry for your loss,I lost my Cocker of 15 1/2yrs to cancer lymphoma i can relate how you are feeling it was 3 weeks on Saturday.I keep living all of it over & over what I went through Traumatizing is what it was,I have never felt pain like this in my life now I am facing the hard fact that Apaches mate who is 15 yrs old will one day leave me to.Yes you are not alone we are all here for each other to get through this heartache. Hugs to you
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
LizAnn wrote:
Gmr so sorry for your loss,I lost my Cocker of 15 1/2yrs to cancer lymphoma i can relate how you are feeling it was 3 weeks on Saturday.I keep living all of it over & over what I went through Traumatizing is what it was,I have never felt pain like this in my life now I am facing the hard fact that Apaches mate who is 15 yrs old will one day leave me to.Yes you are not alone we are all here for each other to get through this heartache. Hugs to you
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
I got real sick couldn't eat sleep cried a lot wrecked my car I was so distraught
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Lol im learning how to work this cant you tell,anyway wow its been hard for me im also taking care of my brother who has stage 4 cancer
Liz
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Gmr, Yes I know. My body was a mess too, I remember. It does happen, that grief and shock have impact on the body.
I look on those things as our "loving wounds", and don't be afraid of them because they are likely to gradually pass in time.
My right arm got paralysed and my hand the day my girl passed. It was an acute inflammation in the nerve. I still feel a little numbness and tingling in 2 fingers but the use has come back after some time now.
My back ached terribly and I got painful sciatica around that time too I recall.

I send you kind thoughts and blessings for you and your little one.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
LizAnn, kind thoughts sent your way too. My sincere condolences on your loss, and may you be given the strength to help your brother through this awful illness. May he find peace in his heart.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Thank you Misty, it's been a very hard time for me this whole year's been a bad year hugs your way.
Liz
Quote 0 0
Pennienewman
Dear GMR
I, so sorry to hear about peanut. Grief can affect us in ways I never knew about until I lost my beautiful mare last year. What I had was an ongoing lump in my throat. It actually felt like I had something stuck there. It went on for months and months. Then one day when I was totally absorbed in gardening, I noticed it wasn’t there and the minute I thought of my pony it came back. Once I realised it was grief, I felt better about it and now, over a year later, it is rarely there. It comes back though when I get the triggers and feel sad. So in answer to your question, yes definitely. We can feel physical pain because of grief and I absolutely love what Mistymama says about referring to them as loving wounds....

Hugs to you

https://beautifulmo.simdif.com/managing-grief.html
Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation
Author Unknown  - adapted from Kahil Gilbran

Quote 0 0
WebstersMommaAlways

Yes. Every minute of every day since I lost my 14 year old kitty on June 26. He was with me for 14 years, exactly half of my life. The past 5 months without him have been physically painful. A throbbing lump in my throat, a thousand cold knives in my chest, it takes everything I have in me to not collapse on the floor sometimes. I admit, when I do collapse, I stay there and let the feelings take over. I hear noises I've never heard before coming out.

Webster was a surprise Christmas Kitty from my parents when I was 14. I suggested to my husband that we adopt a kitty together for Christmas this year. In my mind, I have so much pent of love-turned-sadness, maybe a new little fur ball will help me release some of that. We are going to start visiting different shelters in our area. The idea makes me feel a little better on one hand, but on the other, the idea of bringing a new kitty into my heart feels like a disservice to my boy.

Kaila Sawlor-Dion
Quote 0 0
WebstersMommaAlways

Although I know there is nothing anyone can say to alleviate the pain, I am sending you love and light during a time that is very dark. I hope the thought is what counts. 
Kaila Sawlor-Dion
Quote 0 0