myraggs
I just lost my best friend and loving Shih-Poo on Christmas Eve morning to the terrible disease cancer. I am heart broken and so so very sad and seem lost and am wondering how I am going to cope with the emptiness in my life? IMG_1303.JPG 
Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
I am so sorry for your loss.

After Hannah died on February 3, I, too, was empty...it felt like something inside me had died.  Three months later, we adopted Mack, and the emptiness faded.  My heartache is still there whenever I think of Hannah, but caring for and loving Mack has healed the empty feeling I had.

All of us are different, so I'm not advocating you rescue and adopt.  All I'm saying is that I understand the empty feeling, and I know adoption/rescue worked for me.

Each of us must find our own way.  But I think I can tell you one universal truth...there is hope, and you will heal in time.  But you will always grieve for Raggs...please see the bold, blue quote at the bottom of my post.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
myraggs
Thank you for your kind words Hannah. I know I will never ever forget my best friend Raggs even if I do decide to try and find another pet. My little baby will always be in my heart day and night and I hope the hole in my heart and my life will heal someday. Thank you again Hannah and thank you for the poem you sent on the bottom of the page.
Quote 0 0
ppowell
What a lovely picture! Raggs looks pretty content in that pic.I am so sorry for your loss...you seem to have loved him very much. He is at the bridge now and out of pain. He is looking in on you from time to time and awaiting the day when you will return..
Patricia P.
Quote 0 0
tramseyer
Your Raggs is beautiful. He must have loved Christmas a lot.  Heidi was often overwhelmed.  

Raggs looks like a small version of my Cookie.  I bet they are together, Mutt and Jeff, having a fabulous time waiting on us. 
Quote 0 0
myraggs
Here it is almost two months since my beloved Raggs passed away and I am still wondering how I am ever ever going to cope with his loss. Life doesn't have any meaning or joy anymore and I wonder how I am ever going to go on.
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Raggs is so adorable.  I lost my Little Man on 10/1 and the emptiness is still there.  It won't go away and it shouldn't for you loved deeply.  The only thing I can tell you is that with time the shattering loss will ease up a bit and let you function, you will learn to live without Raggs physically with you, but know that he will always be in your heart.  If you read the the stories on this forum you will see that all of us still miss our babies and that we still grieve, but somehow we have learned to moved forward as we have no other choice.  Raggs would want you to find joy again and to cherish the happy memories.
Hugs to you and Raggs.
Quote 0 0
myraggs
Thank you so much for the wonderfully kind words and I pray that what you say will eventually come to me as right now I am still lost and so so sad about Raggs's passing.
Quote 0 0