Michellef5012
My Pinta died 11/6/2014. She was fine that day and after my husband and I had finished eating I gave each dog a snack from the table. I looked down and Pinta was choking rolling on the floor. I grabbed her and called for my husband and we tried so very hard to pull the snack out of her throat but we could not get it out before she died. She was 7'years old and I was there when she was born. I pray to her every night that she forgive me for feeding her that or not being able to save her. I would give half of my own life to spend one good day with her so she would know Mommy did love her and didn't mean to kill her. I miss her so much. I can't get passed this. I think about her every single day all day. I can't believe my little girl is gone!
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for the loss of Pinta.  I know how hard the sudden loss of a pet can be.  It is devastating.  My Dali died suddenly and I, too, blamed myself.  I know that guilt is a large part of grief.  The what if's eat at you and destroy you.  You didn't kill her, she had an accident, and those things happen.  Take all the time you need to grieve, it is not easy.  I know I still cry every day and get a lump in my throat when I think my baby is not coming home.  That going from healthy to gone so quickly is so hard to accept.  Talk to her, write to her, sing to her.  I know that gives me a bit of comfort.  And I am making a memorial for my baby.  Life as we knew it changed, and it is hard to accept.  I would give my life for a day with Dali, but that isn't possible.  She is at the bridge, and I am sure she welcomed Pinta and is playing with her.  Hopefully your baby will give you a sign that she is okay...look for it and cherish it when it comes.  Take care...Hugs

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
trillian
I'm so sorry to hear this. Our baby Sinister died yesterday. No matter the circumstance, it seems like we always blame ourselves. It's not your fault. She knows you love her and wouldn't want you to feel this way. Please take care.
Quote 0 0
RickyT3030
Michellef5012 wrote:
My Pinta died 11/6/2014. She was fine that day and after my husband and I had finished eating I gave each dog a snack from the table. I looked down and Pinta was choking rolling on the floor. I grabbed her and called for my husband and we tried so very hard to pull the snack out of her throat but we could not get it out before she died. She was 7'years old and I was there when she was born. I pray to her every night that she forgive me for feeding her that or not being able to save her. I would give half of my own life to spend one good day with her so she would know Mommy did love her and didn't mean to kill her. I miss her so much. I can't get passed this. I think about her every single day all day. I can't believe my little girl is gone!

She knows you didn't want it to happen. It was an accident and she knows that. She loves you and will always love you. She isn't gone. She will never be gone. You will meet again when its time.
Quote 0 0