SimiesMommy
its been a very rough two days. my sweet baby was put to sleep yesterday after 18 beautiful years together. I was able to pick up her ashes today. I will never be the same. I miss her so much. She was aged and was going into kidney failure. I didnt want her to suffer so as she held me through the last 18 years of life, i held her while she passed on to Heaven. I ache for her. She laid on my chest, so weak and tired. She was my heart and soul. I cant imagine life with out her. It hurts to breathe, i miss her so much. They say time heals all things, but the place where my heart was is soooo very deep...

melissa
Quote 0 0
onelove
i am feeling the same excact way im in a fog og denial that my baby is gone beautiful Snowy just turned 9 years old  American Eskimo ..suddenly got ill had cancer hemigiocarsoma  an agressive cancer that shows no signs till its all over the body ..she ate holistic~ food~ best water .. best care everything  an d bam!!! ..my life changed ..she was my happiness ny heart ..funny smart ..what a beauty drew attention to all!! im suffering so much its effected me i dont feel good run down feel weak .i will never fully get over losing her ..you are not alone your post made me feel like im not alone ..even though i sit here with an ache in my chest ..time eases..we need to walk a healing path ..slowly ..lifes different .May we find peace in our hearts with this so we can carry on ,,,,i also fee like i will never be the same ....
michele comodo
Quote 0 0
chichismama
I SO UNDERSTAND THE HURT YOU ARE GOING THRU WITH THE LOSS OF YOUR BABY. I LOST MINE SEPTEMBER 20TH FRIDAY MORNING. I AM SO LOST, MY HEART ACHES.I CAN,T FUNCTION WITH DAILY THINGS., I DONT WANT TO EAT OR REALLY DO ANYTHING .SHE IS ON MY MIND IN ALL I SEE AN DO SHE WAS MY SPECIAL ANGEL. SHE WAS 4LBS. A TEACUP CHIHUAHUA WITH LOTS OF LOVE AN DEVOTION FOR ME. SHE WAS WITH ME 15 YEARS. BUT I DO KNOW I WILL SEE HER WHEN WE ARE ALL REUNITED WITH GOD.UNTIL THEN MY ANGEL  WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART. CHICHISMAMA. 
chichismama
Quote 0 0
SimiesMommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. May God comfort you with His love and precious memories of your baby. You are not alone, I feel the same way. Got out of bed today to go get her ashes. My house feels so empty as does my broken heart, but i try to think that she is no longer in pain and for that im truly thankful, but its honestly not that comforting. ive barely eaten since thursday. Im here to chat any time you need, just send a message. this site is comforting. i put her on the prayer list for mondays services.
melissa
melissa
Quote 0 0
JRsMom
Melissa, onelove, chichismama,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand how deeply you are hurting. I am too new to my own loss, my own grief is too raw, to be able to tell you how you will feel later on or how you will get through this. I can only say that I know what it is like to have an animal in your life for so many years. They are your family. Many marriages don't last that long.

Try to hold on to the wonderful love you have shared in your lifetime together. As others here have said, the love never dies and we will be together again with our beloved family. 

Try, too, to take care of yourself the best that you can right now. Write often, if you can. it seems to help to be able to share the memories of our sweet ones with others here who understand what we are going through.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

JR's Mom
Brooke
Quote 0 0
Bear_Bear
All of you, I am so so sorry for your losses.  I lost my baby kitty on August 21, 2013 and each day has brought its challenges though the darkest scariest parts of my grief seem to have lessened over the last few days.  My kitty was my everything and I miss him terribly, so I know how terrifying it is to be going through what you are going through.  If someone had told me a week ago that today I would be able to type this response without crying I would not have believed them.  But my gut wrenching tears and cries of pain have slowlsy subsided, nonetheless.  Does that mean I no longer miss my baby?  No way.  Does that mean I have stopped thinking about him?  Again, no way.  But I seem, despite my best efforts not to, to be moving into a place where I have admitted to myself that he is gone now.  And so now I am grieving for him in a different way.  I haven't accepted his passing in the way one thinks about acceptance.  I don't have peace, contentment, I don't have enthusiasm for the future, I don't have those things.  But I also don't ache as awfully as I did for the last almost five weeks and that is saying something.  And I think it is because, at least in part, I have allowed myself to grieve fully, deeply, and meaningfully.  I pray that each of you will be able to mourn your babies as fully, as deeply, and as meaningfully as you need and want to.  And I will keep each of you in my thoughts.
Robin Adrian "Little Bear"s Mom
Please sign my baby's guestbook?
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/ROBIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
SimiesMommy, I know your pain right now, and send you my love. Don't try to rush yourself to 'feel better' -just go with it. Hold onto the love you have always known this past 18 years. It never dies, and that is real.

onelove -we never are the same after a loved one has touched us, and passed on. I will never be the same again. I have been blessed by my sweet girl, who passed 16 months ago. My Misty also had Hemangiosarcoma. She was such a fit healthy dog, she had the vet amazed at her strength, fitness and resilience aged over 14. I had no idea she had that cancer....neither did she....until the last 2 weeks. I hope that one day a test will be devised to catch it in the preliminary stage, before it has had chance to spread through the blood vessels, when spleen removal could maybe give them years more of physical life.

chichiesmama, I am sorry, and send you all my love. I do know the pain. Blessings from my heart for you and your little one's spirit -and all of you who are suffering the loss of their dear ones.

Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I have nothing to add to the two posts above except that we all understand here and
we all care about you here.
You are in my thoughts,
Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0
Jecausta
I am right there with all of you who have recently suffered a loss.  I had my 9 y/o beagle-Shepherd mix (Sunshine a/k/a "Girl") for just over 3 years after adopting her from a neighbor and turning her from an outdoor-only dog to an indoor companion. She was infinitely sweet, happy, loving, caring and loyal -- and still energetic like a puppy. She loved walks and car rides, howling at sirens, and chew toys never stood a chance with her....  all around perfect pet.

I let her out on her tie-out Friday night as I've done hundreds of times (bf and I got home after 9 from visiting friend in hospital, so was already dark).  I had her out maybe 15 minutes, but went out to find a broken collar and no sign of her-- probably she pulled too hard after trying to chase an animal in the yard.  We looked all night but didnt find her until next light, by the road, cold and stiff. Apparently she was hit and someone didn't notice, or didn't stop to help or even call it in :-(

Girl was my best friend and family for 3 very difficult years (separation and divorce from my husband, a subsequent relationship that ended badly), all very emotional.  Every time I cried, she was there, jumping in my lap for kisses and giving me a reason to get up each morning. She greeted me with a wagging tail after work instead of coming home to an empty house.  Now, my bf and I are expecting our first child in December, and were so looking forward to Girl becoming our son's best friend and guardian (she came from a family with 3 kids and was great with them).  We even planned a Facebook pic with Girl wearing a 'big sister' sign to announce the pregnancy.  Then suddenly, she is struck down in perfect health out of nowhere, 3 months shy of our son's birth, all cuz a collar gave out and we couldn't find her in time to save her. She should have had so many more years with us and our new family, and died when old age caught up to her, surrounded by those who loved her.  Not alone, cold on the side of the road. :-( 

I know there is no good time or good way to lose a pet, and she was only mine for 3 years and 2 months, but she became my family so quickly and gave me so much, I don't know what I will do without her. She was so vibrant and full of energy, I was looking forward to having 12 weeks maternity leave with her there 'helping me' look after the baby.  It sickens me that she's now buried in the ground, I'll never see her sweet face or feel her warmth again. I've had pets all my life, some years longer than Girl, but her loss is hitting me the hardest. She was so special and I will never forget her, but I fear I will also never recover.
Quote 0 0