JessiesBrother
For 13 wonderful years, my family dog, Jessie, a beautiful yellow lab was the light of my family. Last Sunday, Jessie became ill and throughout the week, her health rapidly deteriorated. She stopped taking food and water and did not leave the comfort of her bed.
Last night (11/21/14), Jessie peacefully died with my sister by her side. I am completely heartbroken. I had planned on taking an emergency trip to my parent's house this weekend to see my beloved baby girl one last time, but I did not make it in time.
Today has been a day of waves of tears and overwhelming feelings of grief and sadness. I feel very depressed. 
It's true what they say about pets. They truly do provide unconditional love and that was Jessie to the core. When I used to come home from college on weekends, she would excitedly bark and wag her tail in our living room window, overlooking our driveway. By the time I was at the front door, there was Jessie waiting. I talked to her all the time and loved spending time with her.
Realistically, I know Jessie probably was suffering this week and now she is not. But it does not take away the immense sorrow I feel. 
I miss you baby girl and I love you so much. 10309527_10100615084028667_840941744071874912_n.jpg 

559606_10100615155430577_8692745338522894468_n.jpg
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  That unconditional love touches our hearts like nothing else.  Your Jesse is watching over you to make sure you are okay

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
BearsMommy27
Awwww omg. Im so sorry for your loss. Jessie was so beautiful. We are all grieving up here and we understand how you feel. I lost my Bear a month ago but it seems like yesterday and now im lonely. But hugs to you :) we're here for you. Take care of yourself
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
What a beautiful girl Jessie is. I can empathise with you, the loss of a faithful best friend is truly devastating. I have lost two this year, within 10 weeks of each other. The only other time I felt this way was when I lost my mother 14 years ago.

Hang in there and try to be strong. We are all in the same boat here, each one of us grieving for the light(s) of our lives. Hold on to those beautiful memories of Jessie and try not to beat yourself up, even though I know that is difficult. We've all done that, too. The big stick comes out and we beat ourselves raw. Jessie wouldn't want that for you. She's with you, and will be every single day of your life.

She is such a beauty. Bless her, and comfort to you.

Take care of yourself.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
JessiesBrother
Thank you so much for these kind words. Sunday, I felt a little like myself again but this morning I'm depressed. I don't have much energy. But there is work to do and I know life must go on.

I miss you Jessie.
Quote 0 0
JessiesBrother
Miss you so much today Jessie. I called your brother Tengo your name this morning as I was trying to feed him. Headed home tomorrow night and knowing you won't be there is hard. My sadness comes and goes. Please visit me in my dreams. I hope you are happy over the rainbow bridge.
Quote 0 0
animalluvr515
I am so sorry  about your beautiful Jessie, I lost my dear Tucker the same night. Its aweful and i think how am i gonna go on. We take one day at a time and cherish the memories. Take consolation in knowing Jessie did not suffer. We are all here together for the same reason we each lost of beloved family member. Jessie's soul will always be with you. Jessie will give you signs that she is with you . Don't beat yourself up Jessie knows you loved her and she crossed rainbow bridge knowing she was loved.
Quote 0 0
JessiesBrother

I'm having a hard time this week. I'm feeling really sad again, today especially, and with Christmas coming. I'm feeling so sad.

Kind words are appreciated. Love you Jessie.

Quote 0 0
Bess
Dear JessiesBrother, I feel your pain.  I lost my Bessie this past Friday late afternoon.  The pain is still raw, but there are moments of "relief", not often, but they come and go.  It will be a quiet Christmas for us this year, so i know how you must be feeling.  This would have been Bessies first Christmas in a new country, sadly she didnt make it that far.

Your Jessie looks very similar to my Bessie....she looks really beautiful!
Hugs
Helen
Quote 0 0
shantismom
The holidays are especially difficult without our babies.
I posted a picture of my cat a few days ago and now I keep looking at it and wanting to cry because I can't kiss his little face.
In my experiance the firsts are always the hardest, the first Christmas without them, the first year of their birthday etc.  Time does help.
We can take comfort in the fact that they are not suffering, no pain, no problems.  My Shanti had a number of issues so I try to remember he has no issues now.
I am praying each day for grieving people, I will pray for you.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
JessiesBrother
Thank you both for your kind words.

I was home for the holidays this week. My family had Jessie cremated and her ashes are home with us in a very pretty box with a beautiful picture of her. Jessie looks so happy in this picture, you'd swear she was smiling.

Seeing her back home brought me to tears again but did provide me some comfort. I told her I loved her. How much I miss her. And how sad I am that I didn't get to see her before she died. Then I cried. But then I felt better. 

I've never experienced grief like this before and I may never get over losing my beloved lab. But I know she's with me in my heart.

I love you Jessie. 
Quote 0 0