Myst Show full post »
Furevrmommasbabies
So sorry for your lost Myst. I lost my dog a week ago. Reaching out for support to people that can relate is the best way to process the grief. Continue to post as often as you want and also try to find a local support group. Sending ((Hugs))
Quote 0 0
Nancyj
You come here and talk about it with us. I don't have family either and I have a few friends but even they got sick of it or gave me a look like "you are weird. You should be over it by now."

Have you ever heard of a book called "Tear Soup"?  Probably not.  I went to a therapy session after my cat Timmer died.  She recommended it to me. It's an illustrated book for people of all ages about loss.  It helps you understand your grief.  

What people who have no one who understands do is either hold things inside and isolate ourselves, or else find a new group of friends...like finding people on here to talk to.
I started writing in a journal and it helped me a lot and made me feel like I wouldn't forget Timmer's wonderful habits and how lovely he was if I wrote about it. I just write like I'm talking to him.  Simple stuff.  It was tremendously healing for me to do that.  Not sure why, but it was.  
Nancy
Quote 1 0
krae
Nancyj - Tear Soup is very helpful. Just listed to it on youtube.  What an amazing book!
Quote 1 0
Abbeygail3
I’m so sorry for your loss, It’s awful when you don’t have anyone, I think people can be so mean in regards to pet loss, I understand your pain, Your cat jack was a member of your family. My prayers are with you.
Quote 0 0
Myst
Jack was my world. I have another cat Mya who is Jacks aunt but she is not warm and fuzzy like he was.
LAT
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Myst,

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains unawakened"
Anatole France.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/anatole_france_383929Until one has loved an animal,
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/anatole_france_383929

To us, they are not just animals, they are Soul friends and companions.

The people who say move on are most likely those who have never known the blessings of such a Soul friend, or who has never known their loss. Everyone here understands the love -and the pain when they have to leave. But their Souls do continue to love us, and they are aware how much we love them and miss them. One day we will be re-united.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
chyron24
Myst,
I feel alone just like you do.  Very little family, and friends don't want to hear about depressing topics.
You are not alone, we are kindred spirits.  I understand what it is like to lose your best friend, companion, soul mate, and life seems so empty and grey.  So sorry for your loss of Jack.  The deeper the love, the deeper the pain.  Wish I had some better advice, yet you have my total understanding.  It may not get better, but you get used to the pain, and that queasy feeling in your stomach, and hole in your heart.  Funny how life changes in a moment.  Cherish the memories, and remember, love never dies.  Hold Jack in your heart, and feel him with you always.  Tears are supposed to contain healing chemicals, so cry, just like I do.  Hope this helps. 
Blessings, Arlene
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
You have come to the right place, and so have I.  My dachshund died about 4 weeks ago, and I am still in deep grief.  Friends and family have been very sympathetic and supportive, but after nearly a month everyone assumes I am finished talking about it.  I am not.  There is something profoundly helpful about writing down our thoughts for others to read.  I think this can help both of us. This grief must happen, and it must be endured.  Sometimes  I think I cannot stand any more of it, but then I do.   
Moira
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
4Wrigley
Myst wrote:
How do you grieve the loss of a pet when you have no family and nobody wants to talk about a dead cat. I was so bonded to my kitty Jack. He died suddenly. I found him dead on the ground. I was alone at our summer home. Nobody around. When my friends found out it was like move on.

I’m so sorry for you and I think I know what you are going through. I am grieving the loss of a dog who actually belonged to my former neighbors. Because my neighbors, two doctors married to each other, were away so much, Wrigley spent more time with me than he did with them. I took care of him starting when he was 8 weeks old until the couple moved away 4 years later. I was still able to see Wrigley for 3 years while they lived nearby, but then they moved much further away. Whenever iI would visit him, he would immediately recognize me and it would be as if we had never been parted

This past Monday I found out, via Facebook, that Wrigley had been put to sleep on Saturday morning, and that the couple is now divorced. I can’t tell you how devastated I feel. I should have dog napped him years ago. Everyone who knew Wrigley agrees that he would have had a better life with me, but the couple were the official owners and they wouldn’t give him up. I wish that I had known that he was very sick with an adrenal disease for the past several months. For the final months of his life he was blind and incontinent and finally lost interest in eating, so I don’t disagree with the decision to have him euthanized. But I never got to say “good bye” and even though many people know how much Wrigley and I loved each other, they are impatient with my grief —and I am a little embarrassed by it myself. I even have a wonderful dog of my own, but Wrigley will always be special to me. He was only 10 years old when he died, which is not old for a puggle. Here is his final picture on the day he was put to sleep and a photo from when he was a puppy. I loved him so much
Mary T Chunko
Quote 0 0
Stasia
Its tough. My family and friends understand but still, at the end of the day it was just me in my apartment crying. They do have Pet Loss Support Groups. You should Google "Pet Loss Support Group [your State]" and see if there are any near you. That's what I did. Or, you could always start one of your own.
Stasia
Quote 0 0
Boomboom
I went to a pet support group myself & there was about 8 other ppl in there. Its comforting to hear other ppls stories too. But again at the end of the day its just me alone in this house. Sometimes I feel ok but then sometimes like today I question myself if I did the rt thing even tho the vet said it was time. I hope this is just part if the process & I pray I get to the day I can just smile about how lucky I was to have him in my life. Thoughts & prayers to you
Quote 1 0
Stasia
It is part of the process. We all question it I think, when we're the ones that have to decide to put them down. 
Stasia
Quote 0 0
catman13
Myst wrote:
How do you grieve the loss of a pet when you have no family and nobody wants to talk about a dead cat. I was so bonded to my kitty Jack. He died suddenly. I found him dead on the ground. I was alone at our summer home. Nobody around. When my friends found out it was like move on.

Hi.

This is a difficult time for you. I know because my cat died unexpectedly almost 5 years ago. I found him lying on the floor and people simply said it's just a cat, not a person. I'm sure Jack meant the world to you. The pain is fresh and as hard as it is to believe right now, it will subside with time. You will never forget him and you shouldn't. With the people on this site to offer encouragement, you are not alone.

Take care of yourself
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0