myfreddy
Been 3 weeks today that i lost my 15yr old Fred. He was so sick and kidney was shutting down, it came on so quickly and had to let him go, he was in pain and there was nothing they could do, he also had arthritis and i had to help up sometimes. I am glad he is not hurting anymore, but now i am hurting, he was the best, such a sweet dog. Our routine is gone,i sometimes forget he is gone, i think...I need to get home cause he has been alone too long, or i look to see if he is following me when im outside cause he always went with me. I feel so alone without him
Jeri susral
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear Jeri,

Your experiences are very like mine.
6 weeks today I had my boy Spike pts. He ws simply getting older and older with a poor quality of life pain and distressed at times. We know we did was was best for them but the grief can be overwhelming at times and the memories are everywhere,. I also keeping thinking we need to get home but then I remember he's not there. That's just so hard.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
camunki
Jeri, this is all so new, all so raw, a part of your life was taken away and the grieving path takes a long time. You took good care of your Fred for his lifetime and did the right thing, as he was in pain.

I too went thru 2 pets passing last year, and it was so difficult, I am going on 17 weeks as of today when my baby transitioned on Dec 3rd....I still cry each day, i still miss her and always will, she was my baby for 13 years and 10 plus months.

If you feel comfy, please keep posting about your baby, it helps to talk with others who truly know the feelings of grieving a pet.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Forest
My dog died this week and I just can't cope. He was my world and I swing between tears and utter panic that I won't see him again after 14 years of being my shadow.
Mary
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Jeri, I am so sorry for your loss.  Trying to adjust to life without our best friends is so very hard.    When I lost my dog almost 16 weeks ago, someone told me that letting our dogs go when they are in pain is the last gift of love we can give them, but that in a way, WE then take on the pain in the form of grief.  
 This site has been a great help to me, as Cam says, the comfort you get by talking to others who are sharing the same loss is so reassuring.
                               Hugs to you, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0