Kerry
Had to take in my 18 1/2 year old friend 10-30-09 and have her put to sleep,
thought she was getting sick due to kidney failure but found out she had cancer of the mouth.  I feel like I betrayed my best friend, I feel like I killed her and yet I realize I kept her from suffering. . . good feelings and bad
feelings battling each other.  I could not stay when they euthanized her and I feel guilty for that.
I miss her terribly, I miss her presence, I miss her having supper with me at night and her waking me in the morning.
She was the last of three cats who grew up together and in the last
5 years I have had them all put to sleep at ages. . 15, 19 and 18 1/2.

I hope there is peace for me sometime soon!
Quote 0 0
Maria
Kerry, my heart and prayers go out to you, I lost my 18 1/2 year old Yorkie, Ralphie, to kidney failure back in 2005 and a dear friend just lost her 21 year old tortie to cancer of the mouth last night. It's hard to say goodbye, and very difficult not to feel guilty if you have to assist them to the Bridge, but you did not betray her at all, on the contrary - you gave her the freedom to leave behind a failing body and her spirit is now free to experience the beauty of heaven. I send you hugs and prayers for healing and peace of mind.
Maria - Ralphie's Mom
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"-Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Kerry,

My thoughts and prayers are with you on the loss of your beloved baby.
Kerry you gave your baby the gift of love by letting her make her journey to the Bridge where she will be free of any pain and suffering. It is so very hard to let our babies go, they become our family, our children. Your other babies were there to greet her and all our Angel babies will be watching over her.

Sending you my prayers and hugs during this sad time. We are all here for you.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
dustyangel
Kerry,

It seems the deep love we have for our babies, the feeling of wanting them with us forever, is in part what makes the final decision so hard.  But yes, your heart is telling you, you allowed her to cross in peace...

I lost Dusty in 2007, DJ in 2008, and now sweet little 1.5 yr. old Patches...3 kitties, in 3 years, and I can only begin to imagine how you feel as the last of your generation of kitty family, has crossed over. 

An image that helps me, is that my dear Dusty-who has been my inspiration and dearest guardian angel to me-greeted both DJ and now Patches when they crossed, and has helped them both settle in together.  I'm sure your 2 other kitties, were there hovering, waiting, to greet your sweet girl, with the very best of kitty headbump kisses...

God bless you in your grief...

Karen (Dusty..DJ..and now Patches furangel mom)
Dusty's Rainbow Residency:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Kerry,

I do hope you find peace. We take our furbabies into our homes and most especially into our hearts, and there the memories remain forever.

Find peace and solice knowing that they are altogther at The Bridge-free to frolic-free from pain.

Tomorrow marks 2 months without my beloved Jasmine, and the guilt of giving her the drug ProIn , that caused her death will remain with me forever but the memories of 13+years we shared together will be with me until I meet with her again at The Bridge. The void in my heart created by this drug, will never be filled again.

You are in my thougts and prayers,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Janine
Dear Kerry,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain you are feeling. I had to make the same decision with my beautiful tortie Katie on May 28th, after 16 blessed years. I still struggle with the guilt and regret for my decision, still sometimes feel I betrayed her. But I do also know that we cannot let them suffer when there is no hope for recovery and their quality of life is gone. I miss my girl so and I know you miss yours. I'm glad she's back with her siblings and they will all greet you at the bridge one day.

I love you forever Katie Kitty.
I can't wait to hugga-bug again with you one day.
Quote 0 0