codysmum102
Today marks 3 weeks since my baby boy Cody went over the rainbow bridge. Last week Friday my mother-in-law passed so we had to go from California to Pennsylvania for the funeral. Unfortunately my husband doesn't get along with that side of the family so it was very stressful for both if us. Her funeral was yesterday and we were OK then but today my husband was really crabby, took it out on me and I lost it. Cried on and off for 3 hours. Just couldn't stop. Not so much because of what he said but more for Cody. I miss him so much. Whenever things got tough he was always there to comfort me but now he's gone. I just want to be back home. But I know he won't be there to greet me. This sucks so hard. I hardly know what to do with myself. 😭
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
In 2015 I lost my dad, 2017 we got flooded by hurricane Harvey, 2018 I lost my first cousin, 2019 I lost my aunt (my first cousin's mom and my mom because she helped raise me), then 8 months later I lost my very best friend... my kiki girl on November 16th, 2019. I was devestated and heartbroken. I had her for 14yrs. My mom is sick but I have to keep going. I cry every now and again but I don't have time to sit and grieve. Maybe that's a good thing....
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I am so sorry Kiki's mom. Why do things come one right after another? It's like you barely have time to grieve one catastrophe and another comes barreling along. I got Cody after my mom died back in 2008. He was such a comfort to me. My dad passed in 2013 and Cody was there. My cat Moneypenny in 2017 and he was there. Now he is gone and I asked him who will help me get through this now? My therapy dog is gone and there is no one to lay next to me and look at me with those big brown eyes letting me know he's there for me. Life will never be the same.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
codysmum102 wrote:
I am so sorry Kiki's mom. Why do things come one right after another? It's like you barely have time to grieve one catastrophe and another comes barreling along. I got Cody after my mom died back in 2008. He was such a comfort to me. My dad passed in 2013 and Cody was there. My cat Moneypenny in 2017 and he was there. Now he is gone and I asked him who will help me get through this now? My therapy dog is gone and there is no one to lay next to me and look at me with those big brown eyes letting me know he's there for me. Life will never be the same.

No it won't be the same...kiki slept with me as soon as she was potty trained. When she first passed, I slept in my room barely. Then mom got sick and I haven't been in my room for 2 months. I know it will pass it's just going to take time. Just give yourself time...keep writing down how you feel.
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
kikis_mom_1118 wrote:

No it won't be the same...kiki slept with me as soon as she was potty trained. When she first passed, I slept in my room barely. Then mom got sick and I haven't been in my room for 2 months. I know it will pass it's just going to take time. Just give yourself time...keep writing down how you feel.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I will try thanks for your help :-)
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0