Jeannie79 Show full post »
Jeannie79
Thank you rookiesmama so much for your kind words & sharing your experience. Again my heart truly breaks for what you went through. At least you did get to make it home to spend time. Although what is enough time? Is there such a thing? The thing is the vet offered me to take tarzie home for twenty four hours to bring him back the next day to be put to sleep. I didn’t take those twenty four hours. How could I? I would have been thinking what now? He is going to die. What if I chickened out & did not bring him back? He would have been suffering an extra day? But now that he is gone I wish I took that day. I should ha e took that day. Ppl are telling me I should have. I did not take it because I felt I would be prolonging something. I had to let him go when I did.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Jeannie,
I can almost guarantee had you taken the day you also would be feeling guilty/ second guessing. With the dog I had growing up, we waited too long, and the end was bad. After that, I couldn't believe we didn't help her, and I felt awful for what she went through. With Rookie, I helped decide and sometimes (when i'm really missing him....I always am, but you know) i still second guess if it was too soon. There is no right answer for such a time in life. We decide what we decide based on the information we have at the time and condition of our sweet animals. I will continue to keep you and Tarzie in my thoughts. ❤❤
Quote 0 0
Jeannie79
Rookiesmama you truly are a beautiful soul. 15 years was not enough to have that precious lil fur baby in my life. I want to go back in time to spend more time. I feel selfish. I did get news that his ashes are at the vet. I broke down again. I have never had any pets or anyone’s ashes before so it is quite strange to me. It feels odd. Like he’s with me again but not.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Jeannie,
Thank you for your kind words.

Getting Rookie's ashes was a really hard day for me... it is so hard to understand that this is what we have left of them. It made me mad for awhile that he was coming home in a box, but my heart knows it really isn't him. He's everywhere now, and it's sometimes I actively have to remind myself of.

I'm not sure if you've picked up Tarzie's ashes yet, but I hope someone can go with you for support. I put his box, a toy, one of my favorite pics, and his collar all on my nightstand... this way he is still close to me.

Keeping you and Tarzie in my thoughts. Hugs❤❤
Quote 0 0