Forum

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 7     «   Prev   4   5   6   7
jeffreyburcham

Reply with quote  #91 
DJ,

I think you made the correct decision. There is always some guilt when bringing a new puppy into your home/life, especially after having to say goodbye to one you loved so dearly. I have experienced this guilt in the past but managed to get past it and the new addition is someone I cherish just as much as the one who left me a month prior. That was in 2009.

Having had to say goodbye to my Satin Marie June 1, 2017 and then my Apollo December 27, 2017 has been unbearable at times. Now the one I rescued in 2009, my boyo Elvis, is experiencing the same Mast Cell Tumors as my Satin Marie. Two tumors removed since March of this year. This go around, we cannot afford the costly treatment, especially with me out of work. There is a financing option available but I have an interview next week (August 23, 2018) and if I am lucky and get the position, I would not be able to take Elvis for the radiation treatments. I will take each day as it comes but will never let Elvis suffer.

As much as I want another Lab girl, I cannot bring another dog into my house, not with what Elvis is going through and it would not be fair to my big boy Jesse. It would also not be fair to Satin Marie, Apollo or myself. I just can't do it now or anytime in the near future. Eventually though, there will be another Lab girl in my life.

I applaud you for not rushing into bringing a new puppy into your life but had you, you would have spoiled it and loved it just as much as you did your precious Pumpkin.

And although my faith in a higher being is not what it used to be, I do believe that in the end, we are re-united with our furbabies, whether it be in The Meadow or some other sunny and peaceful place. I have to believe that, otherwise what's the use in all of this?
PumpkinsMama

Reply with quote  #92 
Jeffrey, I get that. I wonder all the time what is this life for, it's way too often heartbreaking, depressing and devastating, and how in the heck is it that we can live without those we love so much. But we do. I have gotten signs from Pumpkin, I got a couple really indisputable signs from my dad after he passed in 2010, (maybe I'll go into those, if you're curious) so even though I have a lot of anxiety around it, when I think what if this is it, I don't think it is...it's just not meant for us to know what it's going to be when the time comes, but in some way shape or form I think we will be with Pumpkin and Satin Marie and our other much loved kids when we go. 

I hope your interview goes well and you get the job if you really want it, if for some reason it doesn't work out I'm sure something better will come along. Here at my house there is always something to be upset about, lost jobs, disappointments, bad news etc., but other than losing our babies, something better usually comes out of it. I'm back in school now and hope it is worth my while. I have a masters degree but my income sucks, so I'm going back to school to get a certification (one I could have gotten straight out of high school) so I'm really hoping it will be something that pays off even a little....I guess I'll know this time next year if it was. Anyway, again, good luck on your interview. You got this! 😉  

ps: It was close, I almost got a puppy today. I was so tempted b/c the puppy was born on my dad's bday and had the same fur pattern as my Pumpkin, couldn't tell much else about her, she's only 4 weeks old now and all I saw were pics, but she was extremely expensive and then I've got school and work started on the 28th, I don't know if a puppy is such a great idea with my other 3 dogs and 1 cat to take care of as it is. I guess if it's really, really meant to be, it will come to be with no reservations or doubts, or no choice like when I got Pumpkin....that just happened with the craziest of circumstances and not likely to happen ever again. <3    I'm rambling again, but I wish you well Jeffrey and the others who may still be reading this thread, hope we are all healing and doing somewhat better than we were last year 😉 

Reply with quote  #93 
I also meant to say that I'll be saying a prayer for Elvis too <3 
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.