Tankie12
‘ I had my own notion of grief. I thought it was a sad time that followed the death of someone you love. And you had to push through it to get to the other side. But I’m learning there is no other side. There is no pushing through. But rather an absorption. And grief is not something you complete. But rather you endure. Grief is not a task to finish, and move on. But an element of yourself, an alteration of your being, a new way of seeing, an alteration of yourself ‘

author unknown
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
msweet13
“You will lose someone you can’t live without,and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.” 

--Anne Lamott

Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
I needed to read both these posts today
I've been struggling with the thought of when do i " Move on " but I think I will not bit life just goes on and new things happen to me but I'll always remember my boy macky .
Quote 0 0
TeeGirl
I so needed to read this today. It’s been a month since my fur babies left me for Rainbow Bridge and while I don’t cry as often, it hurts when I do just as bad as that first day. There’s a part of me that fears that the pain will go away and that will mean I don’t really love them. I know that is not the case but that’s how I feel . I never want to lose that connection even if it does hurt.
Quote 0 0
msweet13
I am where you all are now. I stopped listening to music. I don't think pain is suppose to be the marker we use when we deeply love. It is a place keeper. It marks the tremendous loss we feel when something very vital and precious is lost. But the "recovery" is that when the pain goes away, it means that the love we lost is allowed to shine once again, out of the dark, and back into our heart and we can remember, and smile, and be thankful for all that was. It is an affirmation of that love, not a loss of it, or a sign that it never existed. We should not fear losing the pain, but rather look forward to it being replaced with that which caused it in the first place. I stopped listening to music. But when I do, I will struggle my best to dance with a limp. Because that is what my Brutus will wish for me, because in all the 11.5 years I had him, we danced!
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Knavarra
Thank u for ur posts msweet13. I can relate to them and was Very nice to read.. They actually made me smile for a moment when thinking about where I am right now, with the loss my young ragdoll kitty, 3 months ago. I still get sad but can now smile and laugh rembering all the goofy things she use to do.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
msweet13 wrote:
I am where you all are now. I stopped listening to music. I don't think pain is suppose to be the marker we use when we deeply love. It is a place keeper. It marks the tremendous loss we feel when something very vital and precious is lost. But the "recovery" is that when the pain goes away, it means that the love we lost is allowed to shine once again, out of the dark, and back into our heart and we can remember, and smile, and be thankful for all that was. It is an affirmation of that love, not a loss of it, or a sign that it never existed. We should not fear losing the pain, but rather look forward to it being replaced with that which caused it in the first place. I stopped listening to music. But when I do, I will struggle my best to dance with a limp. Because that is what my Brutus will wish for me, because in all the 11.5 years I had him, we danced!
I know my girl doesn’t want me to cry so much. I know how much she loved me. I know as much as I struggle it’s not doing me any good, she’s not going to come around that corner and I’ll never see her laying outside, alone, content in her own skin to just be. It’s all a process though, for me the steps have been baby steps. This past week I mentioned her name, twice, without stumbling over the words. She is my heart though and a huge part is missing. I’ve also gotten mad about all she went through, at the whole situation, that’s part of all of this grieving also.. I don’t dance, lol, but I do run, now, for her, because she couldn’t in the end. I imagine her next to me, and running ahead, lil stinker, because she can, now. Emotionally baby steps. But still,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
I'm looking forward to always remembering the good memories and not the bad
I do get times of smiling when i remember the craziness of my boy macky moo but I still cry and its hard to grasp hes really not ever again ....
Quote 0 0
Mireyagarcia16
Just Lost my Dog Mckenzie at the age of 5 such young baby in my eyes i felt so broken very mad i get upset easily the thought of being with out her has truly cuz so much pain i don't know how to live with out her. She was my therapy dog went i got anxiety attacks or my depression or when i was going threw health problems and when i had my miscarriage she was always there for me in so many levels she was my little girl and i felt like she was taking from me so fast due to kidney failure.
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
It's been 10 days since I lost Boo and the pain has not ceased at all. Coming into the house is a nightmare
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0