wjson
I found this quotation regarding "grieving" (it eased my grief for about a minute or two)  

** Grief is the final gift of Love from one to another, the depth of that "grief" is a measure of the strength of the love between the bond....

Its been 7wks long weeks without my Maverick, each day without him is worse than the day before. Im pist I want my dog back, period. Pictures, videos & memories are not enough.

I"m told by many people that they truly believe without a doubt that there is a "heaven" a "rainbow bridge" and Maverick is there waiting for me and one day we will be reunited. 

<<<<< If that is really, really true then what the heck am I doing here ?? >>>>>

IMG_0051.jpg 
 Maverick there are no words to describe how much I miss you. I need you in my live.

wendy 
Quote 0 0
et61
** Grief is the final gift of Love from one to another, the depth of that grief is a measure of the strength of the love between the bond....

This is SO true. It shows how much we love those that have passed. Sorry for your loss. I'm grieving at the loss of my beloved Sweetie and I know in time it will get better. I wish we had more time with our beloved pets. I miss mine every day. Can't even look at a picture of him yet. My heart goes out to you.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I`m so sorry for your loss Wendy, Maverick looks such a beautiful little dog.  While grief probably is the final gift of love from one to another, it is such an intense emotion that it plays with your mind. When I lost my beloved dog Jim almost 5 months ago, I really thought I was losing my mind - we`ve no kids and he was like our baby and at the time I couldn`t see how to go on without him.  But it has got a little easier to deal with, I know how lucky we were to have shared our lives with him, and I am absolutely convinced we will be reunited with our babies one day. Like et61say`s, I just wish we were allowed more time with our animals.  Take care , Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Wendy, so sorry for your loss of Maverick.  He looks like quite the character lying legs crossed on the bed.  Grief is overwhelming and all consuming.  I can understand your sense of emptiness and aloneness.  Time moves too slowly, I lost my girl almost two months ago now and time does not seem to have 'healed'.  I know what you are saying when you say "i want my dog back . . ."  Plain and simple.  I want my girl back! Can't sleep, can't eat, can't even look at pictures some days through tears.  Their lives are too short and sometimes ours are too long.   Take care of yourself.  Be kind to yourself through the grief.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
Mjson your Maverick is so handsome. I do believe in Heaven and know my babies are all there. I found a book called Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan. Also Brent Atwater has books and videos on YouTube. They helped me and they may help you too. They may just give you a different outlook. I also did a session with an animal communicator and I had a wonderful experience. I am sending prayers your way.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Dear Wendy,
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your beautiful Maverick! So sorry for the pain you are feeling!
S.
Quote 0 0
wjson
To those whom replied, I greatly appreciate your kind words & shared thoughts... this the "ONLY" place/site I know others can relate to true sorrow from their beloved pet. 

Not only do our animals provide us with their uninhibited emotional expression, but they also allow us to express parts of ourselves that we may never let other humans see. 

I wish I had some words of advice to make it easier for all of you, I just don't know how we are expected to endure the loss of a pet.

Wishing you all of peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Wendy

Maverick come back to Mommy I need you in my LIFE !!
IMG_0098.JPG 

wendy 
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I have a hard time thinking of grief as a gift... it is just too painful and sucks the life out of you. I don't need grief to know the depth of my love for Wiz or any of my furbabies. <3 I hope Maverick and all our babies are there waiting for us but enjoying themselves too.  Kind of crazy though that they are having fun while we struggle with all of this alone here. 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
Winlove
I agree with you Ellie, grief is no "gift" indeed.
I hope the gift is eternally being with my furbabies.
My Winnie has been gone about 7 weeks. I've been functioning, laughing, and living again. But it's not like it's right again, no it's not.

My husband made the decision to get a puppy. I didn't want one. It's been a nice distraction (no, not nice really, she's a pain in the butt) I guess. But a distraction indeed. I suppose I've just got a lot of distractions in my life. It seems weird as hell to know she's gone. She was such a staple in my life. You know? I'm in my home watching TV, cleaning, and baking, and she's always there at my side. In her spots. To know she's not there anymore is SO DAMN STRANGE. It's a very weird thing to adjust to. She's been here for the duration of our marriage. I have her sister still, who's been here since Winnie was 6 months with us, so that helps me. I'm a creature of habit and routine so it's just strange. When I look at a photo it's like it's her, really there.

I think honestly at times the whole thing messes with my mind.
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby.  It's been a while since I came on here.  I lost my baby five years ago today and the site was such a Godsend. I have made some wonderful friends and we have helped each other through the grief.   I know the grief is so raw at the moment for most of you my friends.   i do believe that our beloved babies are waiting for us and we shall see them again.  Life cannot be that cruel for us never to be reunited with them again.  In time you will start dreaming about your furbabies.  Gemma comes to visit me in her dreams all the time, that's why I enjoy sleeping so much!  You have so much love it is never too soon to adopt another furbaby.  You are not replacing the ones you have lost, you all have big hearts and a lot of love to share.  Your rainbow bridge baby would want you to share all the love you have.  It never quite fills up that hole in your heart but helps with the grief

Maverick is a beautiful boy ( I say IS because he never really left)  I believe our babies are still with us in spirit.  If you feel them with you they are there.  You cannot love something so much for that love to just die.  They live on in your heart for always, those we love don't go away they walk beside us everyday.

Thinking of youxxx
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
Hi Winlove, 

Sorry I took so long to reply.. I haven't been feeling well.. I know exactly how you feel, I could've written those words myself... I'm going through the motions of life but it will never be the same without Wiz... I feel I've lost nearly everything and everyone now, there has been so much loss and it seems now that is all there is... -that I will lose even more. Wiz was the one who got me through it all. He and Angie followed me around like that too.   I also feel comfort looking at his photos and when I feel he is here but then the pain floats back in and grips my whole soul with the terrible finality of it all. 

I'm so sorry for your loss of Winnie.  I love that name :-) I named one of my foster kittens Winnie, I found her at a gas station and she was adopted out with a shelter I was volunteering with.. I still have her pic on the fridge with my other babies. I hope that in time your new pup who is a pain will become the love of your life. That is what happened with Angie.. she was such a pain when I first adopted her, it was my decision after losing Tess 6 months before that. Of course I loved her too even then. But she turned into the little love of my life. I haven't adopted since she passed 3.5 years ago. It has been too painful and Wiz saved me over and over again. 

Anyway I'm rambling.. it does play with my mind too. 

Julie thanks for what you wrote. It is so beautiful and I hope it's true. I cried reading that. I hope to see Wiz  and Angie and my babies in my dreams soon.. if I do I will plan to sleep my way through the rest of my life. lol. 

Hugs to everyone <3
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
wjson
julieandfurbabies wrote:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby.  It's been a while since I came on here.  I lost my baby five years ago today and the site was such a Godsend. I have made some wonderful friends and we have helped each other through the grief.   I know the grief is so raw at the moment for most of you my friends.   i do believe that our beloved babies are waiting for us and we shall see them again.  Life cannot be that cruel for us never to be reunited with them again.  In time you will start dreaming about your furbabies.  Gemma comes to visit me in her dreams all the time, that's why I enjoy sleeping so much!  You have so much love it is never too soon to adopt another furbaby.  You are not replacing the ones you have lost, you all have big hearts and a lot of love to share.  Your rainbow bridge baby would want you to share all the love you have.  It never quite fills up that hole in your heart but helps with the grief

Maverick is a beautiful boy ( I say IS because he never really left)  I believe our babies are still with us in spirit.  If you feel them with you they are there.  You cannot love something so much for that love to just die.  They live on in your heart for always, those we love don't go away they walk beside us everyday.

Thinking of youxxx

Hi Julie,
Thank you fir your kind words espically "maverick IS a beautiful boy" & is still with me. I want to beleive that soooo badly & that one day we will be reunited. I want maverick back now ! Don't want to wait... My dreams of him are only nightmares, replay of how horrifying his death was... He suffered intensely for 3-5 minutes, CPR failed, nor could I get him help. Wish there was 911 for our pets.

Wow pic of you & your dog is beautiful, you two look great togeather.

Wendy
wendy 
Quote 0 0
bharris
So sorry for your loss. I lost my dog Shadow the first day of this year and I miss him so much. And yes there is a heaven and rainbow bridge. There has to be cause its pure hell looking at his picture and missing him so much. I just know we will see our beloved pets again. I'm truly sorry for your loss
Quote 0 0