MaxsMom2

Max I’m finally in bed. I delay going to sleep every night since you’ve been gone. I wait until I’m on the verge of falling asleep on the couch, so I don’t have to feel the loneliness in the bedroom without you. I wish I could put into words how it feels to get into bed without you pressed against my leg or stomach or back. You always picked up the blankets with your head then once under you would start digging into the bed. If I wasn’t in bed by midnight you would bark in the doorway of the bedroom. The night is particularly horrific without you because I have nothing to distract me. Just my thoughts of you. The empty abyss in my heart. A hundred dogs couldn’t fill the Monumental  void In my heart. I want to honor you everyday, I realize how truly lucky I was to have you. Your my son and best friend. Today was 30 days since you passed. It feels like yesterday, everyday still feels surreal in this house without you. I don’t feel at home or comfortable. There is this restlessness without hearing your bark or whine or cry. The sound of your nails on the floor. The sound of your light snore to comfort me to sleep. The sound of you pawing at your bowl or at the cabinet for you to eat. Your loud pant when the car was too warm or you ran too much. The sound of you rustling through leaves on  the trail at the park we walked almost everyday. I wish I could bring you back. I wish I could accept this but I can’t. You belong here with your family, protected by your parents. Falling to sleep now. I love you more than life itself. 

-Mom

Laraine Esposito 
Quote 1 0
Annesmimi

I’m so sorry for your loss. Reading your post made me think of my girl and each of the little things we shared just like you did with your baby. It’s those little things that made them unique and special. This house is not the same, I have another dog and it amazes me how things have changed when my baby girl passed. My heart is empty, I’m broken, I  miss her more than I thought physically possible. 

I hope in time this pain will ease for you  Hugs and healing! 

Chloes mom 

Quote 0 0
Lucyz_Dada
Hi Laraine,

Girl... I feel ya. I would give anything to have Lucy back here to do all those funny, comforting things she used to do.

Max was a lucky boy to have had a mom like you! I’m sure if he could talk to us, he would have a equally wonderful list of things he loved about being your little guy. He definitely had it goin on!

They’re still here in our hearts.

Take care,

Jim Allen
Jim
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
MaxsMom2 wrote:

Max I’m finally in bed. I delay going to sleep every night since you’ve been gone. I wait until I’m on the verge of falling asleep on the couch, so I don’t have to feel the loneliness in the bedroom without you. I wish I could put into words how it feels to get into bed without you pressed against my leg or stomach or back. You always picked up the blankets with your head then once under you would start digging into the bed. If I wasn’t in bed by midnight you would bark in the doorway of the bedroom. The night is particularly horrific without you because I have nothing to distract me. Just my thoughts of you. The empty abyss in my heart. A hundred dogs couldn’t fill the Monumental  void In my heart. I want to honor you everyday, I realize how truly lucky I was to have you. Your my son and best friend. Today was 30 days since you passed. It feels like yesterday, everyday still feels surreal in this house without you. I don’t feel at home or comfortable. There is this restlessness without hearing your bark or whine or cry. The sound of your nails on the floor. The sound of your light snore to comfort me to sleep. The sound of you pawing at your bowl or at the cabinet for you to eat. Your loud pant when the car was too warm or you ran too much. The sound of you rustling through leaves on  the trail at the park we walked almost everyday. I wish I could bring you back. I wish I could accept this but I can’t. You belong here with your family, protected by your parents. Falling to sleep now. I love you more than life itself. 

-Mom

An amazing tribute to Max and your post has had me balling my eyes out as I echo every single word you have said as I’m going through the same feelings six weeks on.Nights are awful,not sleeping much and constantly thinking what is the point anymore?I have requested help but am not holding my breath as I’m probably at the back of the queue.Take care

love Runningman xx
Quote 0 0