Carnax
I lost my Pomeranian Carnax on Tuesday April 10th. He was only 9 years old. He was diagnosed with severe pulmonary hypertension in December. He survived for over 100 days. He was so strong. He started getting sick on Sunday and on Monday we went to the vet. They thought pancreatitis. Went home with medications and hope. He didn't eat at all Monday and I hoped the meds could help the next morning. He still wasn't eating on Tuesday and was vomiting a lot. Went back to the vet around 3pm where they did an ultrasound. What they saw broke my heart. Fluid around his organs and sludge in his gallbladder. They thought surgery might be the only option. I didn't want to put him through that with how he was feeling and the other problems he had so I asked for some pain medication and told them we were going to my sister's vet to have him put down. We got home to gather some of his favorite toys and blanket and waited a bit for my sister to come see him. He was not looking good. I picked him up and moved him onto his favorite chair. I sat down in front of him gave him some kisses and back rubs. A few minutes later he was gone. I was devastated but extremely happy he was not in pain anymore. I feel so alone now. 9 years was not enough time. I miss him more than anything and will love him forever.
Quote 0 0
Robsy
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy, Carnax. He was simply adorable. My baby left me one year ago on the same day as your baby and my heart is still broken. I hope you find some peace in knowing how much you loved him and did what was best for him.
Robyn
Quote 0 0
Dhaight71
What a doll
Quote 0 0
Zinnia
I am very, very sorry to hear about your loss of Carnax at only nine years old. I just found out on Tuesday that my nine year old papillon, Harmony, may have cancer in her jaw. We are waiting for the biopsy report but the vet has not given me much hope. She has always been super healthy, and we were at our agility class on Sunday where she was her normal energetic self. So I can understand how devastated you are because I feel the same way. Nine years is way too young.
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
What an adorable dog.  My aunt had a Pomeranian that looked similar. They are fantastic dogs. Hers died at 10 I think due to a heart issue. Pulmonary hypertension is awful too my mom had it. Anyway I am so so sorry for your loss. You have come to the right place. The next days and weeks will be the most painful. I am on month 4...everyone is different. I still have painful tears but it is not as bad as the first weeks were. At that time I actually wailed so loudly I thought everyone could hear me!
Hugs to you.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Carnax was such a little cutie. Lovely picture! I know how hard it is losing your baby especially when you've been close to him for such a long time. I'm so sorry! Hugs to you,
CK
Quote 0 0
peachesdad
My heart goes out to you for your lose. Our little babies fill so much of our lives with joy. My Peaches was 10 1/2 when I lost her three months ago. She had been fighting congested heart disease for ten months and passed away in my arms. She's waiting for me at the rainbow bridge and as bossy as she is, she's probably running it by now. I know she and Carnax are having a ball waiting for the day their in our arms again. 
tim
Quote 0 0
Carnax
Thank you all for your kind words and stories. I know it's going to get harder right now since his birthday is April 20th. I just miss him more and more everyday.
Quote 0 0
Gamcc
When or if — did you put away the beds and toys? I’m so upset I can’t eat or sleep. I had to put my 11 yo Boston down today.
Quote 0 0
Carnax
Gamcc wrote:
When or if — did you put away the beds and toys? I’m so upset I can’t eat or sleep. I had to put my 11 yo Boston down today.

I have not been able to yet. I put all of his favorite toys in a shadow box to hang on the wall. I'm sorry for your loss. My dog was my whole life and I just can't get rid of anything yet, if ever. I'm sure it will be easier eventually but everyone grieves differently. Just try to remember all the good times and cry if you feel like it.
Quote 0 0