Forum

Author   Comment  
Kitten2189

Reply with quote  #1 
Yesterday was an ordinary day. I asked them if they wanted to “Go for a ride in the car” which they love. We got coffee for me and my babies got their treats they always get. They were so happy. Then It happened so fast. Finnegan spilled my coffee so I pulled over to the side of the road, thinking I was being safe. I put my car in park and started to wipe up the spill.

I don’t even remember this happening. Scarlett jumped out the back window and was hit by a car. I want to die. She was 5 years old and the sweetest girl. What makes it worse is my husband always told me to roll up the back windows so she wouldn’t jump out. I killed her, I should have been more aware, I should have remembered to roll up the stupid window, but she loved the wind.

I couldn’t stop screaming and crying. She just landed on the concrete. And didn’t move. In hindsight all I can keep thinking is I didn’t check to see if she was dead. Her eyes were open, she didn’t move, she didn’t make a noise. But what if she was still there and I didn’t act? I’m just so devastated. I love her so much.

I’ve lost pets to old age, but never had something like this happen. I can’t stop crying about what happened and I can’t believe I let it happen. I love her so much.
Gingers_Mommy

Reply with quote  #2 
Kitten2189,

I just read your post and I feel your pain deeply. My cat was hit by a car too 10 days ago. She was 5 1/2 years old. I didn't lock her inside that night. My heart is going out to you 💔😭😭😭😭😭 I'm so sorry for the loss of Scarlett. I too have wrestled with thoughts and guilt and pain. Right now it's all raw for you. Vent your feelings as often as you need. We're here for you.
redgirlraven

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so so so sorry. I feel just awful for you. You must stop blaming yourself (easier said than done, I know) but it was a terrible accident. You wanted her to be happy having the wind. I totally understand that. Please please try and release the guilt.
As for not checking on her right away, you too could have been run over. I assume you got to her eventually. I’m sure she was gone at that point. Sounds like a devastating injury. I hope the driver stopped that hit her.
Again I’m so sorry.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.