lilsam1208
We said goodbye to our 10 year old Yorkie this past Saturday. He battled with severe IBD for more than two years. We are heartbroken. We can't stop blaming ourselves for not doing more to save him. Hubby had to go through it alone because I was out of town and could only be there on FaceTime. Hubby is overcome with guilt for making the choice to end his suffering. I am overcome with guilt for spending too much of my time worrying about and doing things that don't matter. It feels like life will never be the same and we will never be the same.
Quote 0 0
lilsam1208
Hubby and I can barely get through the day. The grief feels excruciating and crippling.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Yorkie.  All of us here have a lot of guilt when it comes down to what we had to do.  Your baby was obviously a sick little boy.  Please don't feel guilty, please.  You had to do the right thing by your baby.  He doesn't blame you at all.  You gave him the final gift of your love you could have.

He is happy now and free of pain with all our babies over the bridge.  Best of luck   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
camunki
so sorry for the loss of your Yorkie, such a precious picture you have. We all go thru guilt it is part of the grieving process, the would haves, could haves and 
should haves.......but i truly beleive at the time, we do what is right for our pets. And always second guess ourselves after the fact. I am glad you gave your Yorkie 10 years of life and love....he is now free from pain.......still is sad cuz I myself miss the physical part of my dogs not being at home where I want them, and the tears still fall to this day, since my precious Munki was transistioned on 12/3/16, crying daily cuz i miss her so much!

Cam

Quote 0 0
lilsam1208
Thank you. It hurts my heart to read all of your stories. This is one of the most painful grieving experiences I have ever gone through and I can see it is the same for everyone here.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Yes, we all understand so it's a good place for you to come. Your loss is so fresh and painful. Your little dog was so adorable! I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sending Hugs to you!
Ck
Quote 0 0
lilsam1208
How do you get through the guilt? Hubby and I keep constantly questioning and what-iffing ourselves. Sammy had Inflammatory Bowel Disease that we thought we were managing well and he was actually more severe than we had ever imagined. He declined very quickly, within days. We keep trying to pinpoint where we went wrong and what we could have done so that we could have had him longer.
Quote 0 0