Sammys5 Show full post »
heartsick
I know your pain . My soulpuppy died after nearly 14 years with me just barely three weeks ago. I can't sleep or eat. He was ALWAYS by my side. We read each other's minds. He is the love of my life and as I sit here I still forget he is not right next to me in his spot. During his lifetime, when he was 4 years old, he had serious back surgery and then had a blood clot on his spine - I cried and prayed with every fiber of my being that if he went I would never have to make any decisions. I am forever grateful that my prayers were answered 10 years later. He and I took a nap and after one hour I woke up and he did not. When he fell asleep he was peaceful and breathing normally. He was not sick or in pain. We cuddled up on my bed and when I woke up I knew he was not there. I sat with him for three hours crying and kissing him and telling him ow much I love him.
I know your pain and I am sorry you are in it, but know you are not in it alone.

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Sammys5,

I have been coming here since April of 2004, when we lost our Silly Little Cat, Buddy Guy. This site saved me from disappearing into the abyss of grief then, and it did the same for me last year when I had to assist my beautiful soul mate, T.J., on his journey to Rainbow Bridge. I could have written all of the words you have written about Sammy. Like you and Sammy, we had that soul bond that is so rare and precious, and changes your life forever.  T.J. was with us for 16 & 1/2 years. Like you and Sammy, I knew when T.J.'s time was coming. He let me know through the unspoken communication we used from the instant we met. Yes, I know your sorrow, I know your pain, and I know your grtitude for having had the gift of Sammy in your life. How belssed we have been to ahve known such love, and to have known what a miracle it was all along!  Now your Angel Sammy the Panther and my Angel T.J. the Big Lion (I always called him that) are together at Rainbow Bridge, watching over us with smiles, knowing they have brought us together when we most need someone to understand. they never stop guiding us once our soul relationships have been revealed to us.

Your posts about Sammy have touched me so deeply, you will never know. 

In case you haven't yet found the ideal container for Sammy's ashes, I want to share a link with you.  Please visit Nina's Big Store and take a look at her custom cat vases and memorial containers. I found Nina through a mutual friend, and saved up to have her make a vase for T.J., but with a lid on the back so I could use it for his ashes.  It was the first urn she made, and she now offers the urns on her site.  I have included a picture of it here that I took in his memorial garden on the say it arrived. it now sits on my bookcase headboard so I can say "Good morning!" and "Good night" every day. I will treasure it as long as I live.  While Nina was working on it, she e-mailed me a few times with questions about T.J.'s personality. I swear to you, I know she was channeling him while she was making this piece.  There is no other explanation of how she got it so very right.

You and your beautiful Angel Sammy are in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxoxo
Susie

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Susie_Squillions wrote:
Dear Sammys5,

I have been coming here since April of 2004, when we lost our Silly Little Cat, Buddy Guy. This site saved me from disappearing into the abyss of grief then, and it did the same for me last year when I had to assist my beautiful soul mate, T.J., on his journey to Rainbow Bridge. I could have written all of the words you have written about Sammy. Like you and Sammy, we had that soul bond that is so rare and precious, and changes your life forever.  T.J. was with us for 16 & 1/2 years. Like you and Sammy, I knew when T.J.'s time was coming. He let me know through the unspoken communication we used from the instant we met. Yes, I know your sorrow, I know your pain, and I know your gratitude for having had the gift of Sammy in your life. How blessed we have been to have known such love, and to have known what a miracle it was all along!  Now your Angel Sammy the Panther and my Angel T.J. the Big Lion (I always called him that) are together at Rainbow Bridge, watching over us with smiles, knowing they have brought us together when we most need someone to understand. they never stop guiding us once our soul relationships have been revealed to us.

In case you haven't yet found the ideal container for Sammy's ashes, I want to share a link with you.  Please visit Nina's Big Store and take a look at her custom cat vases and memorial containers. I found Nina through a mutual friend, and saved up to have her make a vase for T.J., but with a lid on the back so I could use it for his ashes.  It was the first urn she made, and she now offers the urns on her site.  I have included a picture of it here that I took in his memorial garden on the say it arrived. it now sits on my bookcase headboard so I can say "Good morning!" and "Good night" every day. I will treasure it as long as I live.  While Nina was working on it, she e-mailed me a few times with questions about T.J.'s personality. I swear to you, I know she was channeling him while she was making this piece.  There is no other explanation of how she got it so very right.

xoxoxo
Susie

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Sammys5,

I have been coming here since April of 2004, when we lost our Silly Little Cat, Buddy Guy. This site saved me from disappearing into the abyss of grief then, and it did the same for me last year when I had to assist my beautiful soul mate, T.J. (Buddy's uncle), on his journey to Rainbow Bridge on March 9th, 2010. I could have written all of the words you have written about Sammy. Like you and Sammy, we had that soul bond that is so rare and precious, and changes your life forever.  T.J. was with us for 16 & 1/2 years. Like you and Sammy, I knew when T.J.'s time was coming. He let me know through the unspoken communication we used from the instant we met. Yes, I know your sorrow, I know your pain, and I know your gratitude for having had the gift of Sammy in your life. How blessed we have been to have known such love, and to have known what a miracle it was all along!  Now your Angel Sammy the Panther and my Angel T.J. the Big Lion (I always called him that) are together at Rainbow Bridge, watching over us with smiles, knowing they have brought us together when we most need someone to understand. they never stop guiding us once our soul relationships have been revealed to us.

xoxoxo
Susie

Quote 0 0
jphovercraft
Sammys5,

I saw your "thank you" post and came here to read your original post. I then realized that I had read it previously, sometime during Miles' last weekend with me, but that I had been so caught up in my own situation that I hadn't replied.

My heart aches for your loss and I'm glad you're finding it more bearable now.

I've been trying to come to grips with the "why did it have to be me who had to decide to send him on his way" question myself. I loved my Miles, provided for him and was his best friend for 14 years. Why was I forced to be the one to end all that? I've realized that it was -because- I loved him, -because- I was his provider, -because- I was his best friend. Who else would be better qualified to make his passing as easy as possible? I know there would have been no one else HE would rather have had with him at the end.

A Buddhist friend of mine has a hanging on his wall that reads that one's life comes down to three things. Darned If I can remember the other two at the moment, but the last one reads, "How well did you love?" If our love was being tested, we were not found wanting, even if it doesn't feel that way sometimes.

"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
Quote 0 0
jphovercraft
Wendy,

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and Sammy on this difficult day. I truly hope it helps ...  I know it mattered to me that someone besides me knew about Miles and understood that his life mattered ... believe me, I know how much Sammy mattered to you ...

"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Wendy - thinking of you and Sammy as we all go through
this time together.

Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0