Victoriamunoz2
Our family German Shepherd was whimpering few hours before he passed away. Not knowing he was in pain and agony, taken for granted he was scared of the fireworks going on. As a pet owner during the Fourth of July you would expect a pet to be fearful of loud noises, we never thought he was fighting for his life laying in such pain that would take his life. We do not know the exact cause of his death. He was only four years old. I am still hurting from the lost since we were so attached and bonded as mother and child. Every day I told our dog how much I adored and loved him and how much I thought he was so handsome. That night he passed away I felt I said my goodbyes as we had our special moment through the hugs and kisses shared. I truly miss our pet and find it hard to overcome the sudden lost. Any advise or help I can use to console the rest of my family.
Quote 0 0
nina555
Victoriamunoz2.....hello...I am sorry to hear of your loss...you have come to a place here where we all understand the pain when our beloved furry friends pass.  The grieving needs to be honoured as you honour your baby....there is no way around it or any way to overcome it.   We form such attachments to them that the loss is felt so deeply.    My darling Cody passed tragically two weeks ago..for the first few days the emotional pain was unbearable.....I am still in deep pain and missing him so much...but I can see that somehow I will get through this...he would want that.   I have found it helpful at times to talk about him and to have his little ways remembered by others....at first I couldnt talk to anyone nor look at his pictures...but now I am slowly finding that a source of comfort.  What a precious gift you have in having been able to let him know how much you loved him....give yourself time to grieve....some days you may feel numb, somedays overcome with terrible sadness...there is no right or wrong way to grieve and no time limits.  best wishes, nina x
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
I want to say so very sorry for you and your family's loss of your boy he was only a baby my heart breaks for u all x but know he runs free and no doubt smiling at you from the bridge

This poem was the only thing that helped me when I lost my 18 year old childhood dog I hope it brings you some relief too 🐕💔

I Haven't Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh;
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through The Rainbow Bridge Gate x
Quote 0 0
nina555
Kaddagh..thank you ...that is a beautiful poem....
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Yes beautiful poem Kaddagh it made me tear up thank you for sharing
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
It is my favourite poem of all time happy to share as I know it can help us smile through our tears x
Quote 0 0