Rlebo
I’m really struggling from the loss of my best friend. My Leonberger, Luna, died of an unexpected death at a year and 9 months. She has a gastrointestinal issue a week prior to her death. The vet put her on metronidazole and she seemed to be feeling better without anymore diarrhea or vomiting. Then, 6 days later she died in her sleep in front of my front door. I went to wake her up. I had taken her for a walk an hour and a half earlier. Next thing I know she stopped breathing and I’m in a panic a reck. I did CPR and still she wasn’t breathing. My boyfriend came rushing over and we took her to the vet hospital. She was pronounced there. The vet said everything was healthy inside her. The only thing the vets could say is they think it was a heart arrhythmia. None of it makes sense to me still and I still don’t understand how she passed away and that seems to be making me feel even worse. I feel like I couldn’t save her. She was supposed to be around for another 10 years.... I’m really struggling and missing my Luna bear so much. Needing to just get it out to express it and try to handle the grieving process of my puppy.
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
My dear Rlebo,
My deepest sympathy on the sudden loss of your beloved Luna.
It’s so very unfair for you to lose her at such a young age!
It helps to feel like you can make sense of it but unfortunately sometimes there are no answers.
It’s good to get it out and express the sadness you are feeling and sense of loss.
It’s so easy to tell how you loved her. I hope it comforts you to know she felt that love.
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0
Rlebo
Thank you so much! It is so unfair. I have been wondering everyday since she passed how this could happen to her. She was an angel. I hope she knows how much I loved her. It is helpful getting out these emotions because not many understand what it is like to either lose a pet or unexpectedly lose a pet at a young age. It is helpful to know I am not alone in this.
Quote 0 0
FrankMissingOliver
I’m so sorry for your loss. I do understand the pain. It is devastating. I just lost my Oliver the other day quite unexpectedly. He was only four. I don’t understand why things happen the way they do sometimes. Again though, I am so sorry for your loss. I understand the heartbreak. It is overwhelming.
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
Dear Rlebo,
You’re definitely not alone in this but I know many people don’t understand which is most unfortunate.
You have every right to be sad and to grieve for your precious girl Luna.
I wanted to stop by with some hugs and to say I’m thinking of you and Luna bear! 💕
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0