rneuner64
Tonight my wife and i said goodbye to our tig. He was 20 years old and lived a full and loved life.. He had been in declining health for almost a month and we decided that we wanted his time to come at home where he was comfortable. I knew his time was short when he stopped eating or drinking water almost 2 days ago and tonight he as laying on my chest and kept looking up at me and meowing and when i talked to him he would move his tail slightly. My wife came home and sat with us and held him in her arms and after a few minutes he had a spasm and then he was gone...he died in our arms which makes me feel good that he did not pass away alone while we were at work.I am pretty sure that the next few days will be emotional for me when i come home from work and the house is empty.  Take care and god speed my friend, i am happy you have gone to meet your brothers spike and nickle at the bridge and will enjoy being with each other until once again we are reunited.
Quote 0 0
Sheri_H
ahh.. wow.. he sounds like he was a sweet cat. I can imagine he was telling you both he loved you & possibly not to worry.. worry much I did, when our Rico's health started noticeably failing right after last Thanksgiving.. he was a talker I tell you what.. one of the many things I miss now.. I hope he's met Rico at the bridge, a long with your other 2.. so many furbaby friends there to play with, but they will be VERY glad when the day comes & we're reunited again with them :-)
this website has been very helpful for me in the meantime :-)
---------------------
Please visit Rico's residency:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/RICO002/Resident.htm
Also, more pics of Rico can be found on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1291163525&aid=2023119#!/photos.php?id=1291163525
Quote 0 0
rneuner64
doctor called me today and told me my boy died from FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) this usually gets young kitties or old men like my tig was since they both have lower resistance to the disease, the hard part is that there is no cure
Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
rneuner64  I am so sorry for your loss.  On the same night 2-12-10, around 6:30pm, my little chihuahua, Poncho died in my arms.  I am having a very hard time eating or sleeping...just crying all the time. He was my constant companion 24/7 for 10 years. It hurts so bad.

Quote 0 0
chettabelle
I am so sorry for your loss!!  He is resting in peace now with all the other kitties..  My cat will be joining him and the others tonight.  My beautiful 11 1/2 yr old girl Crumpet was just diagnosed a month ago with Lymphosarcoma, but its in her skin..  The Vet says she isnt suffering, its probably just itching her.. The last few days she has not ate that much or had any water and I noticed she hasn't gone in her litter box.  She is getting too thin and I see it in her eyes that she is so drained.. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made to put her down, but I know in my heart its the best thing for her to go in peace.. I just never thought it would be hurting me so much and I can't function at work.  My 3 yr old daughter asks Mommy why are you crying and I tell her because I hurt my finger or foot, I have to make something up.  The good thing is we have a 6 yr old kitty Taffy who brings us so much joy around.  Her and Crumpet have a love/hate relationship so I don't know how this will play out after tonight when she realizes she didn't come home from the Vet.  My cousin told me about this website and I don't feel so alone anymore.  All of your stories have touched me and I thank you all!  xoxo
Connie
Quote 0 0
rneuner64
Chettabelle:  I know exactly what you mean, tig was so drained that all he did at the end was lay in our bed on a towel and blanket. he had lost use of his legs and therefore could not use the litterbox, not exactly a dignified way to go out and i am not happy about that but i am pretty certain he still knew he was loved and that he will be missed
Quote 0 0
rneuner64
Brought home my tiggy's ashes today...when i got in the door i told him he was home again with mommy and daddy and just broke down and cried again for about 5 mins
Quote 0 0