Henrysforevermom
I had to put my husky mix, Henry, to sleep after having him for only one year and four months. He was eight years old. The vet guesses he had bulging discs in his spine, and he was getting weaker over the last month. Saturday morning he completely lost control of his bowels and bladder, started vomiting and couldn’t stand without our help. I know putting him to sleep was the kindest thing to do for him, and I knew it was coming because he was declining so quickly. I just cannot believe how much it hurts now that he’s gone. I miss him so much. I called out from work because I can’t stop crying. I just need to share this somewhere, even if no one reads it. I miss you, Henry-doodles. You were the absolute best dog I’ve ever met in my whole life. Please don’t doubt for a minute how much I love you. Please know we did everything we could to help you before it came to the end. Please know I hated every minute you were in pain. I hope you’re pain-free now and running around and getting all the peanut-butter flavored treats you can get. You deserved more time than I could give you. I love you bubba.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Dear Tiffany, My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Henry! Sometimes although we know we love our faithful dogs, it’s only when they are gone that we realize the full extent of that love and then it is so very painful. I understand that devastating sense of loss and pain even though it’s been some time for me. The first days and weeks and months can be excruciating. This is a good place to let it out. I’m glad you posted. Take Care and I hope you write an update on how you are coping.
Sam
Quote 0 0
Henrysforevermom
Thank you, Sam. Each day gets just a tiny bit easier.
Quote 0 0