Jan_H Show full post »
Jcunnane
Hi Jennifer,

I was scrolling through my phone after you mentioned it and it's a little crazy how many pictures there are of the furbabies. It definitely switched to our daughter when she came and then the guilt piles on. The kitties used to be the center of our lives and then our daughter was born and things switched. She had a rough start to life so she required a lot of my time. I feel bad I didn't give Bubby more attention when he probably needed it the most and I probably would have picked up on signs much earlier. 

Sometimes I feel like I overshare too much but that's just me. I don't really hold back and am an open book. I've been struggling with support at home too so I feel it's an outlet. My husband wants to have fun and all I can think about is my Bubby. Maybe I'm more of person that needs to deal with all the feelings upfront so I can put it in a safe spot and then accept. I'm just not sure.

Hope you're hanging in there. Today is two weeks since his passing and honestly it feels like a year. 

I know they'll always be with us. I hope they still feel our love for them.

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
just_lost
tunismom wrote:
Love seeing all your ginger babies! It’s been 3 days now without my Tuni. He was very small. I could never believe how big normal sized cats were when I saw them because I was so used to Tuni’s size.

He definitely had his quirks! Sometimes I would lose him and go looking and randomly find him sitting in the tub or sink alone. He also loved to eat anything bread-like. I have a couple of videos of him stealing a piece of blueberry muffin and baguette from Panera. Not to mention we stopped putting up a Christmas tree because he’d always want to eat it. And here’s a pic of him laying on my exercise ball lol. He always kept things entertaining. I miss my little weirdo lol. ❤️

That's just too funny!  Brutus and Away will try to eat anything that isn't moving, but Brutus takes it a little further and wants our food too.  Examples: I was eating Subway not long ago.  I had it on a plate at the table.  Brutus must've smelled it, so he hops up on the table, walks over, sniffs, and tries to nibble.  "Hey, man.  Can I have a bite?  I don't want much...just whatever's on your plate.  kthx."  You damn cat.  If we're standing and eating, he'll stick his hand out and try to snag whatever it is.  If we're eating on the couch, he'll go so far as to hop up on our lap and try to push his face onto the plate!  You'd think he's either never seen food before (except that it's obvious that he's never missed a meal.  Call him whatever you want, but don't call him late for supper -_-) or he's about to have his last meal.

Away is polite and generally eats cat food.  He'll eat dry food and he'll wait till Midget is done before cleaning up her bowl too.  When Felix was here, he'd clean that up too unless Hailey beat him to it.  If it weren't for their sizes I'd wonder if it were a tapeworm.

Hailey and Midget are why we have to guard the (genuine faux) Christmas tree.  Both have climbed it (I have pics of Hailey in the middle with her big eyes peeking out) but nobody's knocked it down...yet.

nice_things.jpg
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Oh my goodness, just_lost, you made me laugh so hard!!! Your stories and voices of the kitties are HILARIOUS!!!! Brutus is a riot! Don't get in his way of food! Oh no you don't!

Funny story about food...Lola LOVES pizza. She's never had it. She may have inherited my Italian gene...somehow...someway. Whenever we have pizza she just hops on the box and starts rolling around sniffing nonstop. It's like we sprinkled catnip all over the box. It's the only thing she absolutely goes nuts for food wise...well her treats and little bit of dry at night too but not as much as her love for pizza. She has good taste!

Ummm and yes we have pictures of Bubby and Lola in the tree as babies! They look like they're getting into so much trouble together. When they got older they started going into the tree head first and Bubby being 15 pounds...well his wide butt would be hanging out on the couch. So we started having to put the plastic or non sentimental ornaments on the bottom 🤣

Quote 0 0
Jan_H

So many wonderful pictures and stories. Thank you for sharing. You've made me smile and smiles are hard to come by these days.

just_lost – Away sounds like a great boy. Is there a story behind the name Away? And getting Hailey a cup of water – so cute!

Jennifer – Reeses is adorable. I've never had a cat that likes to dress up – so cute! And that tongue!

Tunismom – Tuni is adorable. I love the picture of him in the sink and the picture of him curled up. Jagger liked bread also. One time we had company that bought some special rolls and left them on the counter over night. The cats ripped open the bags and helped themselves to the rolls.

Jcunnane – Love the pictures of the cats in the Christmas tree.

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Jan- I love Killian! What a wonderful photo!

Just_Lost - What an awesome looking cat family!

Jennifer - You know how I think about Reeses!

Jackie- Those Christmas Tree photos. Beyond adorable!

Tunismom - Tuni was also such a sweetie!

Thank you all for sharing!

James
Quote 0 0
just_lost
Jcunnane wrote:
Oh my goodness, just_lost, you made me laugh so hard!!! Your stories and voices of the kitties are HILARIOUS!!!! Brutus is a riot! Don't get in his way of food! Oh no you don't!

Funny story about food...Lola LOVES pizza. She's never had it. She may have inherited my Italian gene...somehow...someway. Whenever we have pizza she just hops on the box and starts rolling around sniffing nonstop. It's like we sprinkled catnip all over the box. It's the only thing she absolutely goes nuts for food wise...well her treats and little bit of dry at night too but not as much as her love for pizza. She has good taste!

Ummm and yes we have pictures of Bubby and Lola in the tree as babies! They look like they're getting into so much trouble together. When they got older they started going into the tree head first and Bubby being 15 pounds...well his wide butt would be hanging out on the couch. So we started having to put the plastic or non sentimental ornaments on the bottom 🤣

Glad I gave you a good laugh, Jackie 😉  I love the pics of Bubby and Lola in the tree - reminds me of Hailey and Midget when they were smaller and in the tree.  Your two are so adorable!
Quote 0 0
just_lost
Jan_H wrote:
just_lost – Away sounds like a great boy. Is there a story behind the name Away? And getting Hailey a cup of water – so cute!

Hi, Jan_H.  The story behind 'Away' is that we already had four cats as of February of '18, and this new guy just shows up in the garage one morning and makes himself at home.  My wife wasn't interested in having Cat #5, so she tells him to "Shoo!  Go away!"  Fast-forward a year and some change later...  'Away' it is.  That's even his official name at the vet 😉

Probably should've named him Jekyll and Hyde.  He's the best cat ever at home, but take him to the vet and you'd think he was Gary attacking Squidward (shameless SpongeBob reference).  They sold me a couple of pills to stuff down his gullet before I bring him in next.  Poor guy (and poor vet staff!) 😉
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
James - Thanks. Killian was a mischievous little girl. She would carry her toys into the basement and toss them in the sump. Caused problems with the pump more than once.

Just_lost - Away sounds like my Tiger. He turns into a crazed, aggressive tiger at the vets. Then we get home and he's sweet. Just like flipping a switch.
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
just_lost wrote:

Hi, Jan_H.  The story behind 'Away' is that we already had four cats as of February of '18, and this new guy just shows up in the garage one morning and makes himself at home.  My wife wasn't interested in having Cat #5, so she tells him to "Shoo!  Go away!"  Fast-forward a year and some change later...  'Away' it is.  That's even his official name at the vet 😉

Probably should've named him Jekyll and Hyde.  He's the best cat ever at home, but take him to the vet and you'd think he was Gary attacking Squidward (shameless SpongeBob reference).  They sold me a couple of pills to stuff down his gullet before I bring him in next.  Poor guy (and poor vet staff!) 😉

Seriously the orange kitties. Bubby was given some nice Gabapentin that we had to give him before his trips to the vet and hospital. Same as Away and Tiger...unleash the beast at the vet but the most gentle and lovable guy at home. Rwar!!!! 🐯🦁

Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
Jcunnane..i know..its just passed three weeks already without my reeses..and while i still miss him and am so sad without him and think about him all day..i am hoping he can still feel me missing him and loving him just as much as always..its going by fast and im feeling the longer i have been without him hes not knowing how much i still miss him and want him here with me..i dont know its kinda hard to explain..and i feel like everywhere i go latley im seeing orange cats everywhere..and i never really did before..or i guess i just never paid attention or something..i still wont or cant go down the catfood aisle..and dont want to anymore..which used to be a daily visit because i liked buying ahead and getting 3-4 cans wet food a day..he loved watching me get it out the bag and putting it in his food spot..i miss him soooo much i just dont even know how to act anymore about it..and i dont wanna get used to him not being in my life anymore..but what else can i do?? And yes my husband is the same way about the grieving process.i think he tries to put it out of his mind and not think about all the sad and bad stuff but he is hurting and missing him..they were definatly buddies..and reeses loved his daddy thats for sure..he would go out and hang out with him in he barn every night after i had done went in for the night..or sit outside with him and love and climb on his shoulders and sit..that is unless i came out then he would hop down quickly like he thought id be jelous..i love him so much and its been hard for me to be on here posting latley because i always go back to thinking about everyhing and getting sad again..i know you miss your bubby too and how hard it must have been to get that in the mail with his name on it..iv been getting coupons latley for food and stuff i just try not even look at it..but were doing what we can do..just hanging ik there..only if barely
Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
And to memories of marmalade...jan h..and everyone ive been sharing with over the weeks and now..thank you so much for also sharing all of your stories and pictures as well..all the post i do are for everyone of course and im right here with you grieving and missing and hurting with you..
Quote 0 0
tunismom
just_lost wrote:

That's just too funny!  Brutus and Away will try to eat anything that isn't moving, but Brutus takes it a little further and wants our food too.  Examples: I was eating Subway not long ago.  I had it on a plate at the table.  Brutus must've smelled it, so he hops up on the table, walks over, sniffs, and tries to nibble.  "Hey, man.  Can I have a bite?  I don't want much...just whatever's on your plate.  kthx."  You damn cat.  If we're standing and eating, he'll stick his hand out and try to snag whatever it is.  If we're eating on the couch, he'll go so far as to hop up on our lap and try to push his face onto the plate!  You'd think he's either never seen food before (except that it's obvious that he's never missed a meal.  Call him whatever you want, but don't call him late for supper -_-) or he's about to have his last meal.

Away is polite and generally eats cat food.  He'll eat dry food and he'll wait till Midget is done before cleaning up her bowl too.  When Felix was here, he'd clean that up too unless Hailey beat him to it.  If it weren't for their sizes I'd wonder if it were a tapeworm.

Hailey and Midget are why we have to guard the (genuine faux) Christmas tree.  Both have climbed it (I have pics of Hailey in the middle with her big eyes peeking out) but nobody's knocked it down...yet.

nice_things.jpg

Omg Tuni was just like Brutus! He was a worse beggar than my dogs. They’ll sit and watch you eat and maybe even whine for food but Tuni would try to jump into my lap and grab a bite lol. He was the worst. But super picky about his own food.
Quote 1 0
Jcunnane
Jenniferhiggs1221 wrote:
Jcunnane..i know..its just passed three weeks already without my reeses..and while i still miss him and am so sad without him and think about him all day..i am hoping he can still feel me missing him and loving him just as much as always..its going by fast and im feeling the longer i have been without him hes not knowing how much i still miss him and want him here with me..i dont know its kinda hard to explain..and i feel like everywhere i go latley im seeing orange cats everywhere..and i never really did before..or i guess i just never paid attention or something..i still wont or cant go down the catfood aisle..and dont want to anymore..which used to be a daily visit because i liked buying ahead and getting 3-4 cans wet food a day..he loved watching me get it out the bag and putting it in his food spot..i miss him soooo much i just dont even know how to act anymore about it..and i dont wanna get used to him not being in my life anymore..but what else can i do?? And yes my husband is the same way about the grieving process.i think he tries to put it out of his mind and not think about all the sad and bad stuff but he is hurting and missing him..they were definatly buddies..and reeses loved his daddy thats for sure..he would go out and hang out with him in he barn every night after i had done went in for the night..or sit outside with him and love and climb on his shoulders and sit..that is unless i came out then he would hop down quickly like he thought id be jelous..i love him so much and its been hard for me to be on here posting latley because i always go back to thinking about everyhing and getting sad again..i know you miss your bubby too and how hard it must have been to get that in the mail with his name on it..iv been getting coupons latley for food and stuff i just try not even look at it..but were doing what we can do..just hanging ik there..only if barely

Hi Jennifer,

I totally get it. I feel the same way too. I don't want Bubby to think that I don't miss him as much as I did the first day. I hope Reeses and Bubby know that we think and miss them every second of the day and that we would do anything to have them back.

It's funny that you mention about Reeses not wanting you to be jealous when he was with your husband because Bubby would do the same exact thing. If he was laying on the couch with my husband and I came in the room he would hop off. I love that they were so in tune and care so much about us that they didn't want to hurt our feelings in any way. It's the sweetest thing ever. I sometimes think these kitties were human like. Just incredible.

We are doing what we can. Taking it minute by minute and day by day. I haven't slept since he's been gone. It's been horrible. I hope one day I'll be able to sleep again.

Hang in there...hugs,
Jackie 

Quote 0 0
just_lost
Jcunnane wrote:
I don't want Bubby to think that I don't miss him as much as I did the first day. I hope Reeses and Bubby know that we think and miss them every second of the day and that we would do anything to have them back.

I've no doubt that Bubby and Reeses know how much you love and miss them, and I'm confident that it wouldn't enter their little heads to think otherwise.  People like those I've read about on these forums who love their animals they way that they - and you! - do are just amazing; they've given me just the slightest twinge that maybe there's a bit of hope for people after all.
Quote 0 0