deaconsmommy
I lost my precious fur baby Deacon on Thursday 2-17-16. I rescued him and he changed my life for the better. He was my best frien. I am heartbroken. I let him out to use the potty per usual and he ran into the woods onto the highway and was hit by a car. He would always use the bathroom in the woods behind our house but always came right back, but this time he didn't. I cant help but blame myself because I feel like I could have prevented this from happening. I hate being at home now because the house feels so empty. I think about him 24/7 and keep asking myself what if? What if I would have went after him? What if I wouldnt have been rushing that morning and had paid more attention? I have no motivation to do anything anymore. I have never experienced the pain of losing a pet, but it sucks so bad.
Quote 0 0
Sasha
I know how you feel. I' had to put my 3 yr old cat Ollie to sleep today. He got FIP which is incurable. His first visit to the vets was Feb 5th and now he's gone. Sudden death is very hard to cope with.
Annette
Quote 0 0
deaconsmommy
Thank you so much for replying. It's nice to know I'm not in this alone.
Quote 0 0
Sasha
The pain of losing a pet is so intense it takes my breath away. I had a cat and dog I had to put to sleep a few year ago and its indescribable the feelings that come with it. I've cried for the last week, looked at the Internet day and night hoping to see something positive about his illness but it wasn't to be. I can only imagine your pain losing him as you did. My Ollie was a rescue too, I found him when walking my dog shortly after I had put my other dog jasperto sleep and felt jasper had sent him to comfort me as I had lost both my parent in the two years before this.Ollie got right into my heart and will be there forever. I hope you soon can thinkof Deacon and remember the good times with him and not how he left you.
Annette
Quote 0 0
deaconsmommy
Oh wow, im so sorry to hear that. But yes, the pain is unbearable and not many people around me understand how im feeling so it makes it even harder. The worst part about it all is that I feel like its my fault. I feel so bad because he was so happy.
Quote 0 0
Sasha
You were not to blame cats seem to wait till the car is near them and then run out. I've seen Ollie do it lots of time and often thought that was how I would lose him. Hopefully Ollie and Deacon are somewhere where they can run and play all day and not worry about getting hurt.
Annette
Quote 0 0
deaconsmommy
I really hope so. & Thank you so so much for your kind words. It means more than you know. I'm very sorry about Ollie. We will get through this.
Quote 0 0
CalumsMommy
Deacons mommy
I am so very sad to hear of your loss.
I too had and accident happen ( when one of my new and larger rescues attacked my first, my baby who was only 2, and very small).
I just said recently that my life finally felt so joyous as I thought about how I just bought a new home, and sat with my child and three dogs watching a Movie on a nice cozy night in a snow storm. It felt
Complete... But That was all disrupted. The
No Joy right is there for sure at present..And I hate coming home, or even being alone. I get that too well. And I detest my new house, the site Of the accident. It's all terrible.
That all being said, my heart goes out to you and please know you're not alone here.:-)
Be well.
Calum's Mommy Forever <3 
Quote 0 0
deaconsmommy
Calums Mommy,
I am so sorry about your loss. That is awful. I definitely understand the pain your in. Yes, those were the time were I felt the happiest, having my 3 doggies and my boyfriend just hanging out at home. I hate coming home as well. There's no spunk around the house anymore. Our other dogs lost their pack leader and its so depressing. If is comforting knowing there are people out there who are dealing with similar pain and we can all come together and help each other get through.
Quote 0 0