Cashsmama
Yesterday we had to say good bye to our beautiful baby boy Cash. He started having uncontrollable seizures, he had 14 grand mal in 36 hours. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make but I could no longer watch him suffer and his mental status was changing due to all the seizures. I know we made the right decision but I still have so much guilt. I keep wondering if there was anything we could have or should have done for him. He was under two and I I feel as though I didn't get enough time with him. I miss absolutely everything about him. I can't stop crying, I'm a mess. I can hardly eat, I don't want to go to bed because I know he won't be there next to me and I don't want to wake up because he won't be there to greet me. We have two other dogs and though I am very grateful that they are still here I have this gaping hole where Cash no longer is. I know in time I will feel better it's just so hard right now.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Jennifer,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome boy Cash. It's normal to feel guilt and wonder if we could have done more. But you know you did the right thing. You ended his suffering even though it made you suffer more. I feel that animals can touch a part of our hearts that no one else can. And when they leave us it is heartbreaking. There is a hole in your heart now. But in time it will heal with a scar that will always be there, because you will never forget Cash.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Achilly
Cashamama so very sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful boy. The way he laid and curled up reminds me of my baby.
Quote 0 0