JJpierce
Saturday morning, while doing yard work because it was beautiful out, I noticed my puppy of 3 months and 2 weeks had suddenly and I do mean suddenly started to fall ill. I rushed him inside thinking maybe it was dehydration. Instead I ended up rushing him to the animal hospital. He was diagnosed with Parvo. I don’t know how in the world he contracted it. My yard has not seen Parvo ever to my knowledge. But Saturday at 7:45 at the animal hospital, alone, in a small room, my little baby, my moon child as I liked to call him passed away. Today I brought home his remains and I’m just a mess. He craved attention. He got everything he wanted. My last words to him were I love you and if you have to go you can. Now I feel as though I should have never said that. Yesterday, I found out that many of my neighbors who have dogs which are adults were sick weekends before. Now I know that Parvo is running rampant in my neighborhood. Knowing what I know now, I would’ve done things SO much differently. I look at my yard and I HATE IT, I blame my grass and soil? This is horrible. He was my baby. My little light. My moon child. His name, Remus Lupin. Tiny body but deep bark. I will always love him.
Quote 0 0
anang
JJpierce,

Remus Lupin was a gorgeous boy. He had the pleasure of happiness, joy, peace, and most importantly your love for his time on this earth. He never felt a minute of pain and was surrounded by your love. You gave him a peaceful and dignified passing and you were there with him until the end. 
You will find a lot of support and caring on this forum, all which comes from others who have experienced the loss of a beloved furry family member.

Warm regards,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
negarnex
Hello, Joshua.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I lost my little cat boy when he barely reached adulthood. I know the pain of losing a young lively furry child who was always with you, the crushing void when the child is no longer around, the grief over the future you will never have. My father lost his young healthy huge strong dog boy to a tick bite, because when previous owner told about needed vaccines, he forgot to mention the specific vaccine. Where I live ticks sometimes carry very dangerous disease which can easily kill a man, but we were oblivious to the fact that dogs can be affected too. My dad watched the dog boy wither away over two weeks. Only when I lost my boy, I understood what my dad felt. And I think I understand what you feel.

Remus Lupin was a nice puppy. It's horrible that his life was taken away from you when he was very young, but you gave him all your love and provided for him when he was by your side. He was happy to be your puppy, as you were happy to care for him. His memory will always be with you.

Kind regards,
Alexander
Quote 0 0
JJpierce
Thank you guys for taking the time to make me feel as best as possible. It’s been a difficult day. However Remus’ father is depressed as well. He saw me setting out his sons spot in our room (his dad and I have a safe haven to get away and just relax in our house) he sniffed his fur through the back and he let out a small cry. He and I just sat there. Me holding this 110 lb dog, and I swear we both cried. It’s difficult but he and I are having an us day. Thank you guys.
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie

A Dog for Jesus
(Where dogs go when they die)
–Rudyard Kipling

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog.
As loyal and loving as mine.
To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.
As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog,
Would have followed Him all through the day.
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.
It is sad to remember that Christ went away.
To face death alone and apart.
With no tender dog following close behind
To comfort its Master’s Heart.
And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn,
How happy He would have been,
As His dog kissed His hand and barked it’s delight,
For The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they’re in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, “Wait, I’m coming with you,
And trotted along behind.

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
JJpierce wrote:
Saturday morning, while doing yard work because it was beautiful out, I noticed my puppy of 3 months and 2 weeks had suddenly and I do mean suddenly started to fall ill. I rushed him inside thinking maybe it was dehydration. Instead I ended up rushing him to the animal hospital. He was diagnosed with Parvo. I don’t know how in the world he contracted it. My yard has not seen Parvo ever to my knowledge. But Saturday at 7:45 at the animal hospital, alone, in a small room, my little baby, my moon child as I liked to call him passed away. Today I brought home his remains and I’m just a mess. He craved attention. He got everything he wanted. My last words to him were I love you and if you have to go you can. Now I feel as though I should have never said that. Yesterday, I found out that many of my neighbors who have dogs which are adults were sick weekends before. Now I know that Parvo is running rampant in my neighborhood. Knowing what I know now, I would’ve done things SO much differently. I look at my yard and I HATE IT, I blame my grass and soil? This is horrible. He was my baby. My little light. My moon child. His name, Remus Lupin. Tiny body but deep bark. I will always love him.
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
SORRY SO SORRY MAY YOUR FUR BABY REST IN PEACE MY SWEET PRECIOUS FEATHER BABY COCKATIEL SPARKY BORN FEBRUARY 14TH OF 1989 PASSED 20 MONTHS AGO DECEMBER 28TH OF 2017. HE WAS 28 YEARS AND TEN AND A HALF MONTHS OLD. I HOPE YOUR BABY WILL BE THERE TO MEET
SPARKY AT RAINBOWSBRIDGE MOMMY JOAN
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
JJpierce wrote:
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Joshua,

I am very sorry as well to read of your recent loss of your beloved "Remus Lupin." I am glad though that your little boy knew such love, adoration, affection, and care during his short lifetime, from someone such as yourself. You can read in your words what a compassionate and caring individual you are.

I am currently fostering a rescue kitten. His name is "KID." He was attacked by a coyote. He was bitten twice. He is around 4 to 5 months old. His Mother, Father, older cat friend and cat neighbor were all attacked and taken by coyotes in one month. He barely escaped.

I had his bite wound stapled at the Animal Hospital but I have not had his blood work done yet, so I have no idea how long he will live, in the event he has a life threatening disease. But while he is alive, and for the 6 weeks he has been under my care, he has known regular feedings, safety, love, affection, adoration, comfort and had a ton of fun playing. And he has learned a great deal, as I have been working with him each day and night. He is having a life. Although I am fearful of losing him, I will provide him with all that I can while he is on Earth. Whether that is 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or 18 to 20 years. It will not make a difference. If he had 1 hour to live, I would still help him with all that I could.

Prior to KID, I lost a kitten from KID's Mother named "Kona" this past Winter. The kitten only lived a few weeks. I only had him for a few days. I discovered Kona crying like a baby in an abandoned boat behind my office. Kona died from "Fading Kitten Syndrome" which I did not even know existed. Evidently kittens can die at any time from it. Before Kona passed away at a rescue facility I brought him into, Kona was shown affection and  responded by purring and nuzzling into my neck. Even though Kona was so small he was still kind and affectionate. He had feelings and emotions. He was sentient. I was just looking at photos of Kona last night on my cell phone.

My point is your boy, for the short life that he lived, knew he was loved and cherished. That he had a real home and was part of a family. And he gave back in return. All dogs should be so blessed and so fortunate. And we are blessed and fortunate for knowing such unconditional love. For one day or one lifetime.

My sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0