ReeseDog12

We lost our Reese 12/12 at 13 yrs old. She was a rescue who we had since she was 3 months old. So many wonderful memories of her!! 

I knew she didn’t have much time left, but how do you ever prepare. She had been walking in circles, getting stuck in corners, and just continually pace. We left our back door open at nite so she could go out to pee. our pool was completely fenced off because my worst fear was her falling in. She was used to it and would just walk around it. 

we had a mobile vet come out to see her becus she no longer enjoyed the car (she used to love it). They were great and diagnosed her with dementia. Gave us anti-inflammatory for her arthritis also. She seemed like herself a few days later, even playing with our other 2 pups. 

12/12 my husband called me(I was away visiting relatives). He was hysterica-our Reese had fallen in the pool. She was gone.  He didn’t hear a thing, as he was inside the house, nor did the other 2 dogs bark. my worst fear came true. How did she get in there, how come there was no noise?? I can’t get that phone call out of my head. I know she is at peace and she is back with us. I miss her so much, she is everywhere! I’m still finding pieces of her fur, she was a big shedder!

Quote 0 0
Mamabird
So very sorry for your loss.Reese had great loving parents and a family that loves her.Its ok to be upset,and know that there are those of us who understand.Prayers for you.
Quote 0 0
ReeseDog12
Thank you your kind words mean a lot. It will get better I know that. It’s nice to have this forum with people that have been there and understand. ❤️
Quote 0 0