nalagirl
Hi all. I’m glad I found this site. I came here looking for support, words of encouragement, and if anyone deal with something similar.

To keep is somewhat brief:

My boyfriend and I left Friday and came back Saturday afternoon to find one my cats, a tiny 2 year old cat (we think she was the runt of the litter) not wanting to move. She just wanted to be by her heater. My bf found blood spots near the litter box and throw up. I went to pick her up and could see she has been licking herself with blood around her private area. She eventually hobbled to try and pee two times but nothing came out as you can probably imagined. She meowed. She went to drink water and shook a few times. Her stomach looked totally bloated.

We took her to emergency room. We were told she might have to be hospitalized based on her condition. The doctor was able to get her to pee. We waited then an hour for blood work: the doctor basically said if one normal average was supposed to be 5, hers was 15. The numbers were outrageous. Doctor brought up euthanasia and if we did hospitalize her there was no certainty she would get better. We tried care credit and got denied (bc was out of work so some bills had to wait but had just started working). My BFF asked the doctor on a scale of 1-10 how “messed” up our cat was and the doctor said, without hesitation, a 10. That killed me.

Knowing my baby girl may not even recover and put her through God knows what and put the stress on her and on us was just too much. We decided to put her down. My mom paid for it.

I just will never understand why or how this happened. My cat seemed perfectly fine. I’m glad she’s no longer in pain of course and in Heaven. She just looked absolutely miserable.

I think it hurts the most knowing I never felt alone with her at my side constantly. She always wanted to snuggle and always needed me and I loved her. I’m crying of course every now and then because I lost my buddy. I also never thought I would own a cat because I’m allergic! We had an amazing bond and for that I’m thankful. I think I’m going through a slight angry phase about it. I haven’t been crying as much but sometimes crying makes me feel my love for her again in a weird way.

Thanks for reading this. I’ve never gone online looking for help or encouragement before. But I hope my story resonates with some people.

Some day I hope to have a similar relationship with another cat. I wonder if anyone has lost a pet before, ended up having another and felt that strong bond again.

I am new to this site so if you also need a friend and words, please let me know I want to be supportive back.

And her name was Nala.
Quote 0 0
Gmr
So sorry for your loss. Keep coming here and writing your feelings. It has helped me. Hugs to you. And it's ok to cry and let your emotions out. It's all part of the grieving process.
Quote 0 0
nalagirl
Thank you so much
Quote 0 0
nalagirl
I miss you so much girl. I cry everyday and am so happy we were together.
Quote 0 0
LaGata
So sorry for your loss. I didn't even know my baby was sick until she jumped into the bed, looked lovingly at me, and died. I did have the chance to stroke her 1 time before it happened. I cried and screamed until I no longer had a voice. She would have been 16 this month. Nothing can replace her.
Quote 0 0