Linda24

I’ve been missing my cat Bunny that died last month. but I also miss my Shamu kitty that died 7 months ago. I got her as a kitten and she was 20 yrs old. she was the most loving cat I’ve ever seen. always wanted to be near me. I just wanted to share her picture because she was so sweet. Rest In Peace Shammy noodle, mommy loves you, I’ll never forget you. I will see you again ❤️❤️

B089E24C-3E3A-4846-A300-D39F35377BA5.jpeg 

Linda A.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Linda, Thank you for sharing this beautiful post! I looked back at your other posts about Bunny and she was such a sweet kitty! It was very nice that your husband asked to take her!
Your Shamu kitty is just beautiful too - 20 years is a very long time and I’m sure she left quite a hole when she passed away 7 months ago today! I’m so sorry for both your losses! You will see them again!!!
Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Linda24
Thank you. losing two in one year has been really hard. 😞
Linda A.
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
What a beautiful picture of Shammy.  She looks like she was a loving companion for you along with Bunny.  I know it is doubly hard to loose two precious fur babies in such a short time.  And the anniversary dates are always hard.  I am glad you have come to this group to share your grief and your memories with others who understand what you are going through.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
timw98
I am so sorry for your losses this last year. Shammy looks beautiful. We only wish they could be with us longer in the physical world but I feel they are still with us in many ways. 
Tim
Quote 0 0
FrankMissingOliver
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard. I truly understand the pain.
Quote 0 0
jossen13
So sorry for your loss of a beautiful friend. My heart is with you I know just how you feel.

Quote 0 0
NeonCat
Hello Linda,
Thank you for responding to my post regarding losing my two kitties this month. Your story really touches my heart as I can see (feel) that Bunny and Shamu were your world - your heart. I read through all of your original posts here, and I have to say, the one picture of Bunny with the, as you called it, "goofy" face actually made me smile. I can't remember smiling this month, since losing Zig and Jo. What an expressive face Bunny had! And Shamu here is a beauty. How blessed you both were to be together 20 years! I can certainly relate to the emptiness you feel in your home. I look for Josie lying in the areas of our home where the sun would shine; she loved to be warm and catch those rays. I wait for her to come to bed at night just as I'm falling asleep and "annoy" me by sniffing my eye. This was her, "no, you can't sleep until you pet me" routine. How she knew to plan until the moment I fell asleep, I'll never know. I still tiptoe where Ziggy's favorite sleeping spot was so as to not wake him. He could get pretty loud and obnoxious if awakened when not his idea. ;) And every morning I still wake up thinking it's time to do Zig's lactated ringers - the sub-q fluid treatment we gave him for years for his kidney disease. I would be happy to do those treatments for another 100 years if I had the chance. Yes, our homes feel empty and the pain is great. For us it is too soon to think of another cat. I waited many years before getting these two - I didn't feel I could deal with the grief. That said, Ziggy and Josie have brought so much joy to our lives. Although I am suffering now, I would not trade the happy years spent with my babies for a "pain free" today. I pray we both find comfort and peace as we move through our journey. Hugs to you and thanks again for reaching out via my post.
Quote 0 0