winstonsmom12
Hi  as some of you know, I am fostering a 3 yr old female Daschund named baby.  I've had her 2 weeks now.  On Friday or Saturday she will go to her new home on Cape Cod.   I will miss her terribly!  She is the perfect dog.  very loveable, obedient and precious.  If she wasn't already spoken for, I would definately adopt her.

I imagine i will get a new foster dog soon after she is gone.  i didn't think letting them go would be so heartbreaking.  I know i have to be strong.  Her new family sounds like they will be a perfect fit for each other.  I really hope so.  Just had to get that off my chest.  I will miss you Baby:((  Your Foster mommy Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
camunki
Susan, i know how you feel, i don't think i'd be able to foster, as i would be a foster failure with each one..........I am in the Cape Cod area and I am sure she is going to a loving home. Hardest part about fostering is "letting go" and knowing that YOU did so much for this baby, and giving this baby a loving forever home. Be proud of what you do!!! And maybe its time to do another "foster" seems like dogs/pets do go quick nowadays....you are doing the right thing!!

Cam

Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Thank you Camunki  I feel I am doing a service to these poor animals.  my need is very strong to help them.  There are just so many animals out there that need a loving home.  I don't think you would be a failure at all.  Just remember you are doing a wonderful thing for these animals, and they appreciate it.  Maybe in time you can consider it.  Good Luck  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
Winstonsmom12,

I find it admirable that you are fostering dogs!  I am also considering it but need more time as I lost my baby Cookie 11 days ago.  I fear I will also be heartbroken watching the foster dogs going to their forever homes!  However, I want to do something for the homeless/shelter pets in our area in honor of my Cookie!  How many have you fostered so far?  Any recommendations/advice?

Thanks!
Terri
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Tees  I have fostered 2 so far.  I adopted the first one I fostered.  My only advice is to love them, cuddle them, take them walking a lot and keep them safe.  I foster for a woman who only rescues small breed dogs.  I haven't had a large dog yet, but I have my name on several lists.  I find it rewarding helping these needy animals.  I wish you luck in your decision.  Let us know.   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Sue~ I give you tons of credit. Still missing Winston, you opened your heart & home & gave your love to 2 fosters already. So so good. In just two weeks, I'm sure that Baby was given lots of love. And I bet Peanut helped Baby to know what a loving home feels like. But I can see how it will be hard to say goodbye-- especially when you already have bonded with Baby. The family that is adopting Baby will know how much love you gave her. Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Susan; You are my hero! If it wasn't for foster Mom's like you, I would never have met Abby and Casey. After a sad day, your post has made me smile!

Jim
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Susan,
I think it's wonderful that you adopted your first sweet dog and I can only imagine how attached you are to Baby. She sounds adorable and it's so nice to think she is going to a home where she will be loved! Good for you! I'll bet Winston is proud of his mom too!
MJ :)
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I'm so sorry you will miss Baby. I guess you could ask if you can keep her if you want to. I had to stop fostering after two kittens. It was just too painful for me as I got very attached to them and them to me. I cried a great deal when I had to bring baby Ari to someone's house. They cried too and he looked VERY upset. I was so upset I couldn't bring him to the cages.. so I brought him to someone else fostering with our group. Sorry but some of us aren't cut out for fostering. Another thing I disliked about it was the lady running the group said I could go to visit them at some point to see how they were getting on and then she never did that. 
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Susan, I so admire what you are doing in reaching out to these unfortunate little ones. I know you have got attached to Baby, but you have shown her what being in a loving,caring home is all about.  At least you still have Peanut, and I`m sure Winston is so proud of you.  I`m sure you`ll soon be fostering another little dog.
                                                                     Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Thank you all for your encouraging words.  Makes me feel really good.  My need to help needy animals is very strong, after losing my Winston.  I can give them all the love I had left over for Winston.  I hope and Pray Winston is proud of me.  Thanks again   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Yes...Winston is most definitely proud of his Momma :-) Kasey
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Susan,
Winston I know is proud of you for fostering. I know you will miss baby but how great it was to foster until she got her forever people!
We are all proud of you!
Hugs
Tammy
Quote 0 0
CB
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your message. I know it is still early days for you but reading many of your posts you are showing amazing strength by fostering, adopting and also the amount of compassion you are showing so many others.
Winston was a very lucky boy to have had you.
Take care and if I knew what to say to ease your heartache I would say it, all I can say have a hug xx
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0