tazmoe Show full post »
tazmoe
We really enjoyed hide and seek!

Since his passing I've had a few dreams with Kona in them. However, every time I dream about him he will just quickly walk by me. I will call his name and he will come but won't stay and play to me. Maybe Kona (or at least my mind) is telling me that he is safe and I need not worry about him.

I bet he's running around Rainbow Bridge with all the doggies from this forum.😄
Quote 0 0
TriciaO
tazmoe wrote:
So the counselor I wanted to see is not accepting new clients at this time. Bummer because she is supposed to be really good helping people who lost their pets. She did give me a link to a website where I can find other counselors, and I will definitely look into it.

Totally unrelated to my topic, but I was wondering if it's weird that I still say "Goodnight Kona" as I'm going to bed. I also say "Goodbye Kona see you this evening", when I leave to work. I guess it makes me feel a bit better.

I say goodnight to my Nelson every night and I lost him in April. Just tonight I got a little self-conscious about it (he's the first pet I lost) but I'm not going to stop. 🐈 May you heal quickly...
Missing my baby🐈
Quote 0 0
TashasDad
Grief counseling was incredibly helpful to me when I lost my little girl, Tasha. She was only 11 years old, but she had so many "age related" medical problems --- they came on quickly and out of nowhere it seemed.   It was a very sad and overwhelming time.

Tasha was the best friend I ever had. Just a simple fact. She was the most important relationship I ever had in my life ---- human or animal.  She gave me more, and we shared more than I ever knew possible. 

I recommend people getting help consider it if they are or seem STUCK in their grief work / grief processing to understand their loss and begin to move on. Please see/search my previous posts for detailed information related to my experience with this help.

TashasDad
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
Today was just a bit easier for me. My job transferred me to a new location, so I had to get accumulated to my new work environment. My new coworkers are super friendly, and the job itself is much more fast paced than at my previous location. I was able to focus on my work today.

However, as I type this in my room the memories of Kona start to come back. I honestly don't know how people say it gets easier with time. It doesn't. You just learn to accept it, and the tears don't come out as often as they used to.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Sergio,
I'm glad today was easier for you! That's exciting getting used to a new work environment. I completely agree with you. I don't think it gets easier at all. Time dulls the pain somewhat, and we just have to accept this new normal. 😔
Quote 0 0