Diane_M Show full post »
Diane_M
Dear Sadiesgrammy,

Thank you. It's good to be reminded that grieving is a unique experience and I must remember that and not feel I am wallowing . . . rather, I am just going at my own pace and that is okay. And, yes, Bracken sure did have a wonderful home with us and though there may be doubts about everything else, of one thing I am sure . . . he felt our love every day, all day and we his.

Diane, Bracken's Mom
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
Is it me or does anybody else find nights horrible when you have lost a pet and especially a dog?I’m prob only getting 4-5 hours sleep a night as my boy was big so I could feel his body on my bed and he used to snore and dream then get on and off my bed which made my room alive.Now just a deathly silence.The days I’m just about coping with but the emptiness at night is just unbearable as he’s all I think about when I close my eyes which probably doesn’t help me getting off as that just makes me cry.I’m just praying that I see the light at the end of the tunnel soon as right now I’m in one hell of a dark place of loneliness without my baby.
Quote 0 0
sadiesgrammy
While Sadie did not sleep with my----she slept in her crate right outside my door, so I would hear her snoring or getting up and moving her blankets around then plopping down again.  I lay in bed hearing the "silence" so I understand how hard it is.  My mornings are the toughest as I would get her out of the crate to walk her and start her day.   I was crying 2 am the other morning missing her.   The loss of a dog is so much harder than I thought it would ever be.  Time eases the pain but it never leaves u.  ðŸ™
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
I must admit and this may sound wrong to people who have never owned a dog but I’ve had members of my own family pass on and I’d never grieved like I have over my Coco.It’s 10 times as bad but don’t ask me why as the only answer I could give is that he was my baby who never wanted for anything but love,food and his walks.Sending love.
Quote 1 0
Bebot
Hello Diane,
I know exactly how you feel and im so sorry for your loss. Its.been 3 weeks now since he left me. I also cremate my Looper, He’s  with us for  14 year. When i took his ashes i feel that he’s with us. I made a little memorial table with his ashes, favorite toys, collar, his hair and paw print and he's pictures. It help me a little bit for some reason, but of course there some days thats really bad. Still cry every day but feel that he is with us every time i look the table memorial, i can feel his presence. I know you love your baby so much , but remember your not alone. Take care.

irish AE9B9B4C-FEE5-443B-9E06-F4A1F3C3C4B9.jpeg 
Quote 1 0
BojiPat
That is beautiful, Irish! I’ve done the same with all my kiddos. They are on my office bookshelves, surrounded by memorabilia. It is indeed comforting. Below is a picture of my memorial Christmas tree for my six Angel Beagles that I set out each year. The two stuffed animals are Cuddle Clones, Quinn and Bravo. They were created from photos.
3FE87D34-DFC5-479D-B852-5EA9847ACF4F.jpeg 
Pat, Quinn’s mom 🌈
You may visit Quinn's memorial at:
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/QUINN004/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Diane_M
Dear Bebot,

Thank you for your very nice message to me.
And I like the memorial table you have made for your Looper.  So sorry he is gone, I know how you feel. As you said to me, we are not alone.
I don't feel ready yet to take out my Bracken's ashes but someday maybe I will make a similar memorial spot for him.
I look forward to the time that may bring me comfort.

I wish the best for you while you are mourning your Looper.

Diane, Bracken's Mom
Quote 0 0