tylrsunset
With a heavy heart I had to euthanize my beloved cat Gizmo yesterday. The pain is horrible. Last night, after 15 years of him beside me, was the longest, loneliest night of my life. My arms ache for him. My tears wont stop. Now it is Christmas eve and I have so much food prep to do. How will I get through this? No one really understands. He has been with me through the darkest points in my life. My husband, of thirty years left us, my grown children have been making poor decisions, but Gizmo was my constant. My precious little heartbeat is gone. I held him while he died. I felt his body relax and he was gone.
Thanks for letting me write this.
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
tylrsunset,

You are not alone. You said noone understand-all of us here do! We share your sorrow, we know your grief all too well, we share the void created by your loss.

Today I prepare Christmas dinner for my 3 step children without my Jasmine here to be my confidant, my friend, my child. My first Christmas without her in 13 years. I dread tomorrow believe me. They only show up at Christmas to see what gifts have been bestowed on them. But my husband and mother in law (who lives with me) will be happy.

You will get thru this. After almost 4 months, the pain is still very real for me, the tears still flow and I know I will never forget Jas.

Believe that Gizmo is at The Bridge, free to run and now has become your Guardian Angel. Believing this has gotten me thru these past months.

You will be in my prayers as you continue to mourn Gizmo. And we are here to listen.

Hugs.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
tylrsunset
Thank you Cheryl. I agree, those on this board DO understand. I am so glad I found my way here. Maybe Jasmine is showing Gizmo around right now!! I am sure he is glad to be able to run again. He was quite a jumper too!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Jeri
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
Dear Jeri. I am so sorry you lost your beloved Gizmo. I am also sorry that you do not have someone in your life to share this loss with. You have us though, and we truly do understand. My heart goes out to you as you have to move through the holidays when I'm sure you wish to just be alone with your grief. Do what you have to do but please remember to be true to yourself and Gizmo. If it gets to be too much, say so. Too bad if people don't understand. They'll get over it. The loss and memory of such a dear and loyal friend must be respected. Time will heal and you will learn to live without Gizmo. You will because you have no other choice. He will never leave you entirely though. He is a part of who you are and his memory will live on with you until you are united once again.
x tiki
Quote 0 0