JinglesMom
It was the hardest thing I have ever done when I asked God to take you back home. All those years of trying to keep you safe happy, and healthy, but when my back was up against the wall, I had to think of you, I had to put you first, and I had to love you enough to let you go. This was my first Easter in seventeen years without you by my side, and I miss you more than words could say. Happy First Easter at Rainbow Bridge my little Jingleberry. You did good my sweet boy, a life so well lived, and a life so very loved. You will always be my reason, and you will always have my heart. I will carry you with me every single day of my life, until our eyes meet once again. Deux Ames, Un Coeur.giving you back.jpg 
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Sil
Pamela I'm sorry for your loss of Jingleberry.  Seventeen years full of love and loyal company.  Your quote is beautiful
"two souls, one heart".
 And that's exactly you and sweet Jingleberry, forever secured inside your heart.
Quote 0 0
JulieF
JinglesMom - What a wonderful tribute to your Jingleberry.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I understand the heartache you have.   Your post is so life-affirming and positive it gave me, and hopefully a lot of other grieving pet parents, a lot of comfort.  You had a special connection with him and, in the end, you loved him more then you loved yourself and made the ultimate, difficult decision to do what was best for him.  I, like you, had to say goodbye to my cat on April 6th.  He was 19 and had kidney failure - common in elderly cats.  I had to make the decision, based on love for him and not a selfish need to keep him around even though I could see he was in pain and ready to go.  Thank you for your post.  It has given me so much comfort this morning.  I love your observation that you "gave him back to God".  I lost my grandfather ten years ago - we were so close and I miss him every day.  Two weeks ago I was hit with the thought that he is holding Patch in his arms they are waiting for me to join them when it is my time to go home.

God bless you and thank you.
Quote 1 0
greenbeagle
That was beautiful. You put into words for me what my heart feels for my little 19 year old girl, Hobbes... Thank you..., and I am so very sorry for your loss. 😢💔
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Sil,
Thank you so much for your very kind and compassionate words. Yes. I will carry my sweet boy Jingles in a special corner of my heart, until I see him again. The bond cannot be broken, and the love is forever.  No time or distance could ever break the special connection we have. It was so hard to let him go, but seeing him hurting was even harder. Thank you again for writing and for your lovely words, it really does mean so much. God bless you and may the sweet and special memories of your dear one always live on in your heart. Hugs from me and my Jingleberry at the bridge, Pamela

Dear JulieF,
Thank you so much for your lovely post and kind words. It so warms my heart to hear that I have been able to give you and other pet parents who are grieving some level of comfort from the pain of saying goodbye to a very precious little soul. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Patch, and my heart truly goes out to you. Nineteen years is a very long time, and when they cross over, there is just such an emptiness, and when we look around and expect to see them, and they are not there, well it is absolutely heartbreaking. We sometimes have to make the hardest decision ever, and we have to put them first, and we have to love them enough to let them go. I really do believe that when my Jingles took his last breath, that he went from my embrace to our Heavenly Fathers, and what better arms could he be in? I often pray and thank God for taking care of my dear little Jingleberry until I get there, and I am comforted in knowing that my special tabby boy is now with my mom, my dad, and his kitty brother Jasper, and his kitty sister Pootie Tang. I am sure you are so right when you can picture your grandfather holding Patch in his arms, and what better arms could he be in? I truly believe that they are safe, happy, and healthy on the other side, and that they can still feel the love we have for them, even now. No time or distance could ever break the bond we share with them. I used to worry that the sweet memories we made together might fade with time, but nothing could be further from the truth. I feel as close to him now as when he was physically here, and his beautiful spirit surrounds me still and always will, until our eyes meet once again in a kinder, gentler place.Thank you again so much for your kind and compassionate reply, it really does mean so much. I hope that the sweet and precious memories you have with Patch bring you peace and hope in your heart, and that you know that the love never ends, it just keeps getting stronger. May God bless you and your Patch always, Pamela

Dear greenbeagle,
Thank you so much for your kind reply to my post. I am so very sorry for the loss of your special girl Hobbes, and my heart truly goes out to you. You were with her for nineteen years and that is a very long time, and it can just be so hard to look around and feel the emptiness of her not being there. I do understand, and I want to let you know that I truly believe that they are safe and happy, and that we will always and forever have the bond we shared with them here on this earth, and no time or distance could ever break that connection. Thank you again so very much for your kind words. May God bless you and your sweet Hobbes always, Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0