Cc2015
It's been two weeks now and although it's gotten easier to accept that he's gone, I still get hit by waves of emotion. Sometimes it's waves of happiness thinking about the good times and other times it's waves of anger/sadness feeling like we got robbed.

I'm really not sure that the guilt has gotten any better. The rational part of me listens to people say "it wasn't your fault, don't beat yourself up" but I don't honestly agree with them. Our dog drown in our pond alone, with nobody in sight and it took us 12 hours to find him. Not trying to throw myself a pity party here, I know everyone here is dealing with loss, it's just the way that it happened and the way that we found him that's got me twisted. I seriously can't think of a worse way to find your dog. I'm thankful that we have another dog to come home to, but it's just not the same.

How does everyone else deal with the guilt? It's such a crappy feeling

Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
My heart goes out to you!!  This is indeed a hard one, but guilt is normal - in any circumstance.  It's part of the grieving process....and 2 weeks is not all that long.  I lost one of my dogs (Ebby) almost 3 weeks ago and the waves of grief still come.  She was fine one day - and was diagnosed with hemolytic anemia and was gone 2 days later.  Not the same as in your case, but I watched her go downhill so fast, and feel guilty that I couldn't stop it.  Try not to beat yourself up - be good to yourself.  This forum is an excellent place - and read some of the other entries, you'll see that guilt is present in all of them.
Take care - you are in my thoughts.
Love you to the moon and back....
Quote 0 0